Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello after reading OCN most recommended products and being sad Logitech Labtec Desktop Mic 600 cost like 40 bucks on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Labtec-Desktop-Microphone-600/dp/B000O7K4LO

i was hoping someone on OCN could help me find a replacement for my aging 14 years old microphone.

my budget is no more than 25 bucks if possible and 10-15 sweet spot if it can.

I do not want usb port for it and prefer 3.5mm connection instead so i can use with my sound card.

Any suggestions extremely and immensely appreciated, i have been having a hard time finding a good one and noes sold on places like newegg,etc seem to have horrible reviews or extremely cheap.

this is my old mic:
http://www.amazon.com/Labtec-Microphone-Mute-switch-980183-0914/dp/B00008XONS/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1453271238&sr=1-13&keywords=labtec+microphone

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id prefer stand in mics like the ones i listed above in OP, thank you for suggestion either way. My mic is going to be used for voip like teamspeak only anyways i don't need something expensive.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAlkaiser View Post

id prefer stand in mics like the ones i listed above in OP, thank you for suggestion either way. My mic is going to be used for voip like teamspeak only anyways i don't need something expensive.
Desktop mics are not convenient for that application though. You should use a headset mic or a lavalier mic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got a Blue Snowball ICE last year, love it. Digital, so it connects via USB, none of the bells and whistles the Snowball or Yeti have, just single-source high quality recording.

Mine was $50-55. Only downside was the stand, it was cheep and wobbly. Fixed that by using an old duct-tape ring, not going anywhere sitting in that.

For cheeper, look at the Blue Snowflake. It was made for laptops and on-the-go conference VOIP stuff. Quality should be about the same, and I've heard some swear by it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for all the reply but like i said before i have been using stand in mic since i build my first pc back in 2003 and it has been perfectly fine till now until it died on me ( can't complain after all these years ) I don't play games professionally, I also do not stream or have a lot fo people listening to me just my old computer friends which never goes over 10-12 people at most so anything that blocks surrounding etc not needed in any way just wish for some replacement stand in mic. budget of no more than 30 bucks tops and also no usb.

i was reading OCN thread of most recommended audio products and saw this:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Labtec-Desktop-Microphone-600/dp/B000O7K4LO

unfortunately it aint sold anymore new and is extremely overpriced.

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts