Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

I need to buy a monitor for my office, I will use it for coding and watching videos but no games. I need it to be gentle on my eyes as I work 8 hours/day so researched a little and found that the monitor should be flicker free and has low blue light.

However I found models from BenQ and Asus has these features but which one to choose ? 23 or 24 inch is enough for me or I should get 27" ? advise please.

Thanks

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
What is your top maximum budget ?

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
for your usage,I would advise 2 monitors, let's say 24 inches with 16:10 aspect ratio. If you agree, let's find which.
You could start buying one and adding another one down the road, 2 of my favorite brands:

EIZO EV2436
NEC MultiSync EA244WMi
BenQ BL2411PT

these are 16:10 and very suited for office purposes.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot TUFinside I am looking into Eizo EV2455 but this model and your model cost $500+ at amazon, is there a cheaper supplier ?

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
I'm in Europe, i can see it as low as 404 Euros which is 450 USD. So you should keep looking for a store selling it in the US. If not, you won't be regretting spending 500+ USD for that monitor. Another solution is to buy the BenQ BL2411PT, save money, and buy a second one, you won't regret having 2 monitors. Since you're coding, it's very useful.

Also take a look at Dell, maybe they still have 16:10 monitors, dunno.

EDIT: Dell U2415 uses the same panel as the Eizo and should be cheaper.(same buy 2 in the long run if you can), i must warn you that most IPS panels emits glow with dark content and it can be distracting(some people are not bothered, but i am), that's why i'm using VA panels only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts