Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've been reading the other sections, you have probably guessed i'm upgrading my system, and i've been having a few odd problems:

On top of the case above the power supply, there is alot of static, and I constantly get electronic shocks from there! Quite sharp some of them are too!

My cpu voltage jumps around like a nutter: 1.37-1.408 most of the time.

My Dimm voltage is always 1 volt higher than what it should be

All the other voltages are slightly higher than they are supposed to be.

It is a 430 watt power supply, with 20amps on the 12v rail.

Do I need to upgrade?

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lozza

If you've been reading the other sections, you have probably guessed i'm upgrading my system, and i've been having a few odd problems:

On top of the case above the power supply, there is alot of static, and I constantly get electronic shocks from there! Quite sharp some of them are too!

Do I need to upgrade?

It would really help your voltages. 20a is a little weak for that setup. A nice enermax, ocz, or antec would do the trick

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my computer is under a desk, so I have to lean over the top to reach cables etc. So when ever i lean over to unplug stuff, I get some form of shock if I touch something metal and the top of the case.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
yeah, you should probably upgrade your psu.
here are some places to look:
sunbeam nuuo 550w
antec neopower
enermax liberity
fsp epsilon
seasonic s12 series

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lozza

Do I need to upgrade?

You could also be getting a slight earth leakage to the case from the PSU chassis earth.
Combine this with a 20A +12v output and voltage fluctuations as you are getting an upgrade to a newer higher output PSU would be adviseable.
You need to looking for a +12v output of at least 24A min but a unit with 36A would be better, just check the labels carefully some may advertise peak output not sustained output.

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts