Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General specs are in my sig, but
P4 630 OC to 3.98ghz
265x15

Board:
Foxconn 925XE

I want to go faster but it seems I'm limited by my board for 2 reasons. First board spec lists fsb cap at 1066mhz which I'm at right now. Second, in bios the max I can raise fsb to is 265 (which I'm at).

SO..... is it safe to push the board past 1066mhz? And if so, how can I mod the bios to bypass the 265 fsb cap? I'm not really looking to get a new board, other than the fsb cap in bios I love this board. So any help suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Hmm. Thats a toughy. 4Ghz is an accomplishment in itself. What are your temps as of now, and your Vcore?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
thats a good oc mate...but i am thinking u might have reached the limits there..

anyhow it is not a certainty. but u can download the latest bios from the mobo mfg and try again...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah with any luck a bios update will un-cap the FSB. My Biostar P4M80-M4 was the same way, could only push a 533 to 165 FSB and an 800 to 265. If you want to go more you will probably have to get another board(which you dont want to do) so your stuck at 3.98ghz.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input, I've thought about modding the bios myslef but I can't seem to find a good program to do so. Modbin and Award bios editor don't recognize the format of my bios. Any other suggestions?

As for temps and vcore:
idle 30C
load 42C
vcore 1.47
vddr 1.88

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
try upping your vcore some more and upp the fsb a little and see if it will go...4ghz on a 3ghz processor is one hell of a feat IMO....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts