Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know where i can get a decent pc within the regin of leicestershire and spending within £800 and must be the best for games as i want a goood graphics card 128 mb atleast and a fast computer

please can you ether list websites or shop names

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Dont get one from a shop, build it, it works out much cheaper.

if you dont fancy building one, let me know and i'll build you one and ship it to you (or you can collect it).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Balls

i need to know where i can get a decent pc within the regin of leicestershire and spending within £800 and must be the best for games as i want a goood graphics card 128 mb atleast and a fast computer

please can you ether list websites or shop names

www.ebuyer.com - fairly cheap order parts yourself build yourself.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

if you dont fancy building one, let me know and i'll build you one and ship it to you (or you can collect it).

I totally agree. Building a pc is a lot of fun and it's easy! I recommend it

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

lol, I'm a little closer to Leicestershire than you...

A little under 15miles due north of him actually, so yeah I can tell you PC shops in Derby, Nottingham and Loughborough if you want to source the parts locally, but they aren't the cheapest and they don't have great ranges. If you want the best parts and the best prices you got to buy from places like:

www.overclock.co.uk
www.scan.co.uk
www.cpucity.co.uk
www.novatech.co.uk

These are all places I have dealt with and have found them to be excellent.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Definetley build yourself you can get a great rig with £800...

AMD 64 3200 Skt 754 - £130
DFI Lanprty nf3 250Gb - £65
Crucial Ballistix 2x512 PC3200 - £150
xFx 6800 GT - £280
DVD-RW - £50
Tagan 480W PSU - £70
Decent Case - £50 - £80

Total - £825 (Thats with £80 case)

If you shop around you can get this sort of setup for just under £800. This sort of setup will overclock nicley and fly through games.

Plus with the xFx you get some free games I think DooM 3 and Farcry so that saves you £60.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Save £20 on that by getting a Hiper TypeR for £50 instead of the Tagan.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

Save £20 on that by getting a Hiper TypeR for £50 instead of the Tagan.

Mate, Tagans are German engineering. Can't get much better than that. I see your China made (dunno if thats true) Hyperpoo PSU going splat in the near future..muahaha

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Mate, Tagans are German engineering. Can't get much better than that. I see your China made (dunno if thats true) Hyperpoo PSU going splat in the near future..muahaha

Hiper TypeR is designed in BRITAIN!!! None of your crappy German engineering here thankyou.

Anyway, heres what I'd get. Keeping your current HDD and monitor, plus £51 for a Hiper PSU from www.scan.co.uk

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

Hiper TypeR is designed in BRITAIN!!! None of your crappy German engineering here thankyou.

Anyway, heres what I'd get. Keeping your current HDD and monitor, plus £51 for a Hiper PSU from www.scan.co.uk

Hmm...you do realise that Germans are some of the best engineers in the world...take a look at their cars...

I wouldnt trust anything electrical made in Britain we suck at electronics and employ cheapo chavs.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Hmm...you do realise that Germans are some of the best engineers in the world...take a look at their cars...

I wouldnt trust anything electrical made in Britain we suck at electronics and employ cheapo chavs.

Chavs... lol I haven't heard that word for a very long time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn

oih Im supposedly a chav nothin cheapo bout me

well except my motherboard an ram

·
Registered
329 Posts
its ok i aint a typical chav except i wear tracksuits and joggers and reebock classics etc and goto raves and listen to Drum n Bass

but on other hand I dont start on poeple for nothing and i work in a office and i dont ahve to hang round shops for poeple to buy me beer I can actually get my own

1 - 15 of 15 Posts