Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I'm so sad. I et new ram today and my Overclocks sucked, nothing prime stable. I added voltage and still, crash crash crash at anything over 2.3

So I started trying different things but no avail. I then figured, maybe this is all to much for a crap PSU with 13amps on the 12V rail. I plugged the tec, the fans, and the artic cooler all into the 250W PSU I had for the tec from before. Now it's prime stable at 2250Mhz, and ram 1:1. Trying to go higher but looks like PSU is undoubtably the culprit. So What I ned is advice on a new PSU tht can crank to GHz on my chip. Also what voltages are you guys running to hit 2.6??? I've hit 295 fsb beforeat x8 multi, and 2.5Ghz another setting, but niether lasted long. But it did get to windows so I will hold out hope.

Here's what I was thinking:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...Z%20Technology
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...tra%20Products
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ufacture=ANTEC

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
For 2.6 (260x10) I was running 1.7v to be prime stable, but I dont think my prime problems (which I had many) had anything to do with voltage because I didnt raise anymore to make it stable. I was getting an error in less than a minute of prime95.

Then I read deadlock's guide to the DFI ram settings and after setting everything and many hours of rebooting and testing I got it to be prime stable.

BTW this was done on an Xconnect with 34amp 12v rail that never drops under 12.16v's .

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no the mods moved it. Damn!! No one ever looks here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm gonna settle for 2.3Ghz at 1:1 and be prime stable. Time to save up for a power supply. I think I'll go X connect.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullyveldt

Oh no the mods moved it. Damn!! No one ever looks here.

muahahaha

I bought a Forton Source 530 watt PSU... so far first impressions are good. Gets good reviews and has those wonderful rail adjustment pots. Not bad for a US$80 PSU..

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
the first two PSUs are great
the antec however is not so great and certainly you would do better with either of the other two. if you need any more info about PSUs just check out my guide in sig

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I have been hearing more and more about Powerstreams going bad under heavy loads. I dont know, I am not sold on them. I recommend Enermax personally.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
enermax are top quality too, as of yet ive not heard any stories about OCZ PSUs going bad under load. However the ONLY 2 PSUs I whole heartedly stand by are the Tagan 480w or the Hiper Type R 480w PSU.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
My Tagan is great, i was gonna sell it and get the OCZ for the adjustable rails...but i'm not so sure now...

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

My Tagan is great, i was gonna sell it and get the OCZ for the adjustable rails...but i'm not so sure now...

:withstupi i'm in the same situation, my psu sucks (i think it runs @ 12.53 on the 12v rail lol). i'm probably gonna go with the ocz for the fact that you can adjust the rails and for its 5 year warranty.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Ive had it with Antec, There quality (IMO) as gone on vacation.

Im going to try Enermax next time. The people here seem to like them

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Yeah, it turns out that the price from that site up there ^ for the OCZ Powerstream 520w is better than Newegg. And the fact that Newegg is sold out of it again and that I don't have to pay taxes (I pay 8.25% cuz I'm in California along with Newegg
) I just ordered it right now. Even with shipping being a little more it still came out to less than Newegg...
Woo hoo I LOVE CANADA!!!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

i just did the currency conversion and those prices are damn good. do they ship to the US?

Yes they do canada or states.

I've bought my ram, and cpu there, also the wifes case and mobo from there and they ship real fast to me. like 1 or 2 days with purolater. There packaging is not the greatest, but you can get insurance, or heavy duty packaging depending on what you buy. the boxes are sturdy just filled with newpaper tho. Every item worked no prob.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

i wouldnt change it, the tagan is more than capable and i highly douby any other PSU will help you go higher
Tagan is THE PSU to own

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

i wouldnt change it, the tagan is more than capable and i highly douby any other PSU will help you go higher
Tagan is THE PSU to own

Cheers. I might just keep it then, and go ahead with the mods i was going to do to it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts