Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, where can i get this seal?

universal CPU water block: EK-Supreme LTX UNI CSQ 2013

It would not fit in the grove of the plexi peice, it was to long and would not seat correctly, it was to long so i cut it and took some off and tried melting it back together with a small torch but it just burned, no melting.

Where may i find this seal?

20210619_173853.jpg

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm thinking it will take the proper shape when stuffed into the groove. As long as length is correct should be OK...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking it will take the proper shape when stuffed into the groove. As long as length is correct should be OK...
I ordered a few of them, they are a $1 each.

ciarlatano seems confident, if dont fit, figure something out.

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
6,600 Posts
The o-ring tends to be slightly bigger than the grooves because it expands when compressed to provide the proper seal.

Next time try putting the o-ring in the freezer for a little bit so that it can help "shrink" and be easier to put back into the groove.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The o-ring tends to be slightly bigger than the grooves because it expands when compressed to provide the proper seal.

Next time try putting the o-ring in the freezer for a little bit so that it can help "shrink" and be easier to put back into the groove.
I stuck in a glass of ice water for about 10 minutes and it did not shrink well I'll try the freezer but I was even thinking gluing it. I don't know how EK got it in there because that thing fought me for about 45 minutes I tried my fingers were hurting.

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
6,600 Posts
I stuck in a glass of ice water for about 10 minutes and it did not shrink well I'll try the freezer but I was even thinking gluing it. I don't know how EK got it in there because that thing fought me for about 45 minutes I tried my fingers were hurting.
Glue does work apparently. That's one tip I learned from people who make custom blocks or distros is to cut the o-ring a bit shorter and super glue the snipped ends together.

Definitely let the superglue dry/cure before attempting to put it back into the grooves and leak test the block/distro before you install.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glue does work apparently. That's one tip I learned from people who make custom blocks or distros is to cut the o-ring a bit shorter and super glue the snipped ends together.

Definitely let the superglue dry/cure before attempting to put it back into the grooves and leak test the block/distro before you install.
Super glue wont cause any bacteria or scum or harm the water cooling additives or vice versa and how about running blitz part 2? Will blitz part 2 eat the glue etc?

What brand is best for super glue, the green capped one? cant remember the name.

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
6,600 Posts
Super glue wont cause any bacteria or scum or harm the water cooling additives or vice versa and how about running blitz part 2? Will blitz part 2 eat the glue etc?

What brand is best for super glue, the green capped one? cant remember the name.
I haven't personally tried it myself. I think just about any super glue works as long as you're not overusing it past the o-ring diameter.

Supergluing o-rings has been a common practice in the automotive industry for decades and those parts tend to see much higher pressure and temperatures than our computers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts