Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the issue I had taken a quad core Q6600 out of this HP Pavilion Elite m9047c system with a IPIBL-LA Motherobard. i put the quad core in to another system and its working fine. so i had a Pentium D laying around and put that into the HP. It worked fine. Got windows installed. and i did all the drivers. i noticed the BIOS was out of date so i decided to update it. well... yea... the BIOS isnt trashed its just with the latest bios the system no longer accepts my Pentium D it only accepts Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, and Core 2 Quad CPU's.

so i was wondering if anyone can help me track down an older or the original bios that i can flash it with.

thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
What version did you download?
The latest one is v5.13, released May 2008

The specs on HP's site
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...1077641&dlc=en
say it doesn't support the Pentium D at all :S
If you've got the original driver DVD, you could try looking for the original BIOS, although I don't know if manufacturers bundle drivers anymore. (Last system I saw that did this was an Optiplex from the mid 1990s)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you call HP and ask what you should do? I know you probably won't get a good answer, but you could try...

·
Banned
4,710 Posts
Put the Q6600 in it, flash it back to the older BIOS.

Remove Q6600 and put in the Pentium D......

The amount of time you have spent in this thread you could have done it now a 1000x over

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by almighty15 View Post
Put the Q6600 in it, flash it back to the older BIOS.

Remove Q6600 and put in the Pentium D......

The amount of time you have spent in this thread you could have done it now a 1000x over

inthe amount of time it took you to write that you could have googled the motherboard to find if there is an older bios i can use to flash it.

seriously though. If i had an older bios to flash it with i would have.. BUT that is why the threads topic is "Need older BIOS for HP system"

thanks everyone for the help. if anyone finds an older version let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts