Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying my PS3 very soon and I need one more game to buy for it. I have a coupon which lets me buy 3 used games from GameStop at the price of two. I already decided on Final Fantasy XIII (which I have played before on Xbox, just want it again on PS3) and Star Ocean International.

Looking for a similar game. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
762 Posts
God of War 3 and Uncharted if you're looking for action games.

Gran Turismo 5 if you want a racing game.

Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 if you want a shooting game.

I don't know any PS3 exclusive RPG's that are worth really looking into, though.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Warhawk is awesome. Absolutely loved the game. Starhawk is coming eventually. I may get it and dust off the ol' '3.

Others:
GTA IV/Episodes
MotorStorm series
BF:BC2
BF3 <- used copies will appear soon after release... but that's probably too far off.
Little Big Planet

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooCwzRck;15287321

I don't know any PS3 exclusive RPG's that are worth really looking into, though.
Are God of War 1 and 2 available on PS3 as well? I had a blast playing them on the PS2 when I was younger, wouldn't mind playing them again.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Get the God Of War Collection it is one and two. Also later if you wanted to you could get the God of War: Origins Collection which is Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta both of those are the psp titles but were remade for ps3.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimsgard;15287360
Get the God Of War Collection it is one and two.
Just saw that on Amazon. Wow, $20 new on Amazon and $25 USED at GameStop... They rip you off like crazy. Still, I have tons of Gamestop cards I need to use. My family (not parents, like uncles, etc) get them for me all the time for holidays for some reason.

I think i'll go with God of War. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
You should look into demons souls. My roommate has been playing it non stop recently

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If you're looking for an anime-ish RPG Valkyrie Chronicles is pretty good.

If you're getting a phatty be sure to pick up some good PS2 RPG games too.

From the looks of your rig though you could probably just run 'em on your rig though.
tongue.gif

Persona 3-4 look amazing at a high resolution with antialiasing and a solid 60fps. Probably my favorite PS2 RPGs that I can think of atm...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooCwzRck;15287321

Are you freaking kidding me?!?

DEMON'S SOULS

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeNF;15287379
Just saw that on Amazon. Wow, $20 new on Amazon and $25 USED at GameStop... They rip you off like crazy. Still, I have tons of Gamestop cards I need to use. My family (not parents, like uncles, etc) get them for me all the time for holidays for some reason.

I think i'll go with God of War. Thanks everyone.
Yeah Gamestop does rip you off pretty bad sometimes xD.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooCwzRck;15287493
ahhh, didn't realize it was a PS3 exclusive...
You may have thought that dark souls and demon's souls were the same game, or switched them.

dark souls isn't an exclusive.

[ps, why are neither on pc?
frown.gif
]

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Heavy Rain is something different its a terrific mystery game, so intense. Also one of the few games where I've entertained someone by playing it while they watched, good for the lady friends when you feel like gaming and they're around

Demon's Souls is an amazing action rpg unlike anything you've ever played.

I just got a ps3 a couple months ago and those are the most memorable games I've played.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeNF
View Post

Are God of War 1 and 2 available on PS3 as well? I had a blast playing them on the PS2 when I was younger, wouldn't mind playing them again.

God of War III is the best game I've ever played. I was honestly blown away by it and that's not easy to do since I'm not a big single player gamer. I can't recommend it enough. It's really that good

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevliken
View Post

Sony exclusive game must play:
Uncharted series
God of war series

^this!

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didnt play these games.

I'd personally throw in Killzone 3 and Heavy Rain in the mix.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xPrestonn
View Post

Are you freaking kidding me?!?

DEMON'S SOULS

My thoughts exactly. IMO it's the best RPG on the PS3. The single player mode is fantastic and the online experience is very, very good. The most rewarding game since the Zelda's of the 90's. IIRC the servers will be up well into next year. I'd also like to point out that it's very challenging, don't expect to just fire it up and beat the first few levels as soon as you get home. There are no checkpoints, so if you die, you have to start from the beginning of that level.

To O.P. Get Demon's Soul. You'll thank everyone who suggested it later. (Although it's not anything like FFXIII or Star Ocean)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts