Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

its ok if your not doing that much of overclocking but if you were going to be extreme you should build one urself

ok , bought how much oc'd do u think i can get out of it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus

It looks like it does have everything apart from one thing.... h2o..

lol
, ill try and find other options i think , need a better cpu fan jst got stock amd fan , thermal paste a big help? i dont wanna mess around takin the cpu back off the board n things , a new case is coming soon neways

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Yup! I got a Sp-97 and a 80mm Tornado, and
perfection.

43 C Load at 1.75 V; 2.5GHz, I used to be at 2.7, but something is wrong.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathONator

I think a thermalright SP-97 heatsink with a 90mm fan would be a good option.

do u have to mount the fan onto the heatsink or can jst have one on the case? lol bit of a n00beh question

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
It would behoove you to put a fan on the heatsink. If your not ocing, i dont think you would need one.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Rep

jk. Seriously, get back to us when you try it out, and give the temps before and after. DONT FORGET THERMAL COMPOUND... it would be very bad.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bawsak what cooling system do you have now, and how do you like it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro

Bawsak what cooling system do you have now, and how do you like it?

Made up of the original radiator from the cheapie system as it fits my new case sweet. Waterchill Antarctica CPU and graphics waterblocks. Hydor L20 pump, Waterchill Reservoir and CritiCool II controller card.

Have also got a Waterchill system waterblock but it doesn't fit my new motherboard.

All working sweet.....and quiet.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Stay away from kits because they suck. They are way overpriced and are targeted at people who don't care about wasting money. Most of them do a worse job than the best air cooling out there.

Go to dangerden and check out their stuff. I have a complete wc setup that I have yet to put in my computer because I am lazy.

I spent over $300 but that is for top of the line stuff. You can put together a nice wc setup for $200 and a bit less if you build some of the parts(res, fan shrouds).

I can't wait to try out my nv6800 waterblock and my tdx but I can't seem to find the time to install it.

Also stay away from BlackIce Extreme products and just get a heatercore. For far less money you get better performance. I have a heatercore and two 120 sunons that will be in a push/pull config once I get my system setup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts