Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 6 gb of corsair dominators in my evga e758. Within the next few weeks I am upgrading to dual e5620's, an sr-2,and hopefully 12 gb of ram.
I was wondering if it would be best to just go with 6 gb more of dominators or if there are any recommendations for inexpensive, but good performing ram. I do not want to spend more than 300 dollars on this, and am looking to have 12 gb of ram, so hopefully 3x2gb kits for each processor. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any opinions or experience with any of these sets?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3%20x%202GB%29
I have recently purchased an A-Data ssd and was impressed, so I can hope that their ram is good quality stuff too.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
If you're trying to save money, just double up with what you've already got - otherwise you're going to need to spend close to that $300 anyway.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
If you're trying to save money, just double up with what you've already got - otherwise you're going to need to spend close to that $300 anyway.
Well the dominators are expensive, and I'd have to get a 3 gb kit to go with my old board as I am still going to use it. So it'll run a similar price..Thanks for the help though, need to make a decision as I wanna order this thing. Any more opinions/reccomendations on ram?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Just pick up a 12GB kit then. It'll be as close to hassle-free as you can get, and any kind of performance or cost difference will be minimal compared to (2) 3x2GB sets.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
Just pick up a 12GB kit then. It'll be as close to hassle-free as you can get, and any kind of performance or cost difference will be minimal compared to (2) 3x2GB sets.
Any recommendations? (Just looking at my options here)

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dude120 View Post
I currently have 6 gb of corsair dominators in my evga e758. Within the next few weeks I am upgrading to dual e5620's, an sr-2,and hopefully 12 gb of ram.
I was wondering if it would be best to just go with 6 gb more of dominators or if there are any recommendations for inexpensive, but good performing ram. I do not want to spend more than 300 dollars on this, and am looking to have 12 gb of ram, so hopefully 3x2gb kits for each processor. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any opinions or experience with any of these sets?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3%20x%202GB%29
I have recently purchased an A-Data ssd and was impressed, so I can hope that their ram is good quality stuff too.
a-data isn't bad IMO, its just overlooked by most people. But to save cash, why not just buy 1 more set of dominators? saves your$$ and btw, don't expect 200bclck OC's on the SR-2 unless you go water cooling or better

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I'm probably going to end up going with the dominators, but its ridiculous how expensive they are. They've gone up at least 30 or 40 dollars since I purchased them over a year ago.

It kinda is sad how under appreciated A-data is. The dominators are no doubt probably better quality, but I'll keep thinking about this for a little bit.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dude120 View Post
Thanks for the input. I'm probably going to end up going with the dominators, but its ridiculous how expensive they are. They've gone up at least 30 or 40 dollars since I purchased them over a year ago.

It kinda is sad how under appreciated A-data is. The dominators are no doubt probably better quality, but I'll keep thinking about this for a little bit.
it is......but you have to admit, corsair is a brand name backed with guarantees of good customer support. IMO Mushkin is a brand to consider as well

good luck with your search!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoa, that looks like an amazing kit. A bit over my budget, but I'm sure one can overclock real well with that set. Definitely something to consider.
Would 12 gb of Corsair Dominators be better than this? Probably not.
It definitely looks like the timings are significantly better on that set of G.Skill's. Thanks for the response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts