Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Klipsch system with dual speakers, subwoofer and control module. The system is really old and speakers are making a rattling noise. Need a replacement with only a single output. Do they still exist?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Don't you mean a single input?

Klipsch still sells them, as do many many other manufacturers. Just check Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, etc.. There are hundreds to choose from.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Don't you mean a single input?

Klipsch still sells them, as do many many other manufacturers. Just check Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, etc.. There are hundreds to choose from.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AE82C

I had these; I just want the speaker set - no subwoof or control module. Can you direct me to a good pair? Doesn't have to be Klipsch.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
That could be problematic as those speakers are powered by an amplifier that is inside the sub woofer.

And even if you still plan on using the sub, it would be difficult to find replacement speakers to match it's internal amplifier's power, impedance, sensitivity and frequency response requirements.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul-7 View Post

Any good 2.1 speaker sets?
That's a lot like asking "Are there any good colors? That depends a lot on what colors you like.
It's the same with speaker systems.

There are many forums and threads here that deal with speakers.
OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products
Essential Reading for Audio Fans
Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Hi-Fi Gear
Home Audio

Best advice is to read a little and get an idea of what's available that might interest you, then go to a store and audition what you're interested in. Then get the purchase approved you your SO ----> Profit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts