Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need software that will resemble iLife except im on a PC. I already got Picasa 2 for PC which is just like iPhoto but I still need more, especially some really good DVD making software with pre-made templates for home videos and so on. If someone has some good links to software like that please post it here, I don't care about the price but free is good too.

Here's what iLife is, with some features explained more
http://www.apple.com/ilife/

Thanks a lot guys! Will be rewarded of course

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
You can run OSX on a pc...I read an article some place...

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymanhb

You can run OSX on a pc...I read an article some place...

I know and I already BETA tested it too, it lacked drivers for now so I'm back to windows, will get an Intel Mac later this year if I get the money but for now I need what I said.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Edit: Hmmm...I doubt you will be able to get what you want without getting like 6+ programs.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Hmmm...I doubt you will be able to get what you want without getting like 6+ programs.

Well I already got something for iPhoto, I'd still like something for iMovie at least and Garage Band is a very nice piece of software, I'm guessing the only thing that comes close would be ACID 5 or something.

So I need some suggestions

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OJX

Well I already got something for iPhoto, I'd still like something for iMovie at least and Garage Band is a very nice piece of software, I'm guessing the only thing that comes close would be ACID 5 or something.

So I need some suggestions

Here's the rest:

Found this...
http://www.informit.com/articles/art...?p=405510&rl=1

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
yeah, iLife is pretty great. I guess you could do iTunes/Picasa/Sony Acid/Adobe Premiere Elements, but thats expensive and isn't as elegant. and there is no Windows replacment for iDVD that i know of.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by selectodude

but it doesn't do MIDI recording like GarageBand does.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Plus I already have it and don't like it, and the link you posted earlier does not work.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
its hard to find exact replacements of iLife products for pc, you have to compromise somewhere simply because of the proprietary nature of iLifes products

iMovie: other than windows movie maker, there really isnt a low end equivalent for iMovie, just programs that have similarities... I suggest you play around with something from Pinnacle - http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...ducts+List.htm ... Im a Final Cut Pro fan myself

iDVD: youll have to play around with products from adobe, nero, roxio, tmpgenc, etc. and see what suits you best

Garage Band: someone already mentioned Audacity, which is nice for an open source project... I recommend some of the programs I use for my audio authoring: Cakewalk Sonar, Fruityloops, Reason, Sony ACID Pro/ Sound Forge, and Steinberg Cubase/ Nuendo... all of which are very high end and powerful programs

• Rep+
Reactions: OJX

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

its hard to find exact replacements of iLife products for pc, you have to compromise somewhere simply because of the proprietary nature of iLifes products

iMovie: other than windows movie maker, there really isnt a low end equivalent for iMovie, just programs that have similarities... I suggest you play around with something from Pinnacle - http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...ducts+List.htm ... Im a Final Cut Pro fan myself

iDVD: youll have to play around with products from adobe, nero, roxio, tmpgenc, etc. and see what suits you best

Garage Band: someone already mentioned Audacity, which is nice for an open source project... I recommend some of the programs I use for my audio authoring: Cakewalk Sonar, Fruityloops, Reason, Sony ACID Pro/ Sound Forge, and Steinberg Cubase/ Nuendo... all of which are very high end and powerful programs

Alright, looks good, thank you

So how's Final Cut Pro? Is it easy to use? Have a good interface?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I dont have access to a mac anymore but as soon as I do, itll probably be my major audio/ video workstation

Final Cut Pro is excellent... the interface is great but theres a major learning curve, even if youre coming from iMovie... but if you want to do video editing, I highly suggest you get a mac and start learning Final Cut Pro asap

if you want to do some video work on your windows machine tho, I suggest something from Pinnacle or Ulead... I see some people talking about MovieWorks but thats not for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.