Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start on my SM8 build and am planning on a 480 rad on the roof and 360 in the front. I've always gone positive pressure on my past builds.. but with this one I am not sure if I should do the 480 and 360 as intake and only have the rear exhaust. Btw, I went with the reverse layout. Other option would be rear fan and front 360 as intake and 480 up top as exhaust..a neutral setup. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you have top/front sucking in, why not add bottom fans as exhaust? I wouldn't do the top-radiator as exhaust - tried it on my old 800D with bad results - it increased temp more than I liked (~5c) in the water loop as you have the internal (hot) passing through.

The alternative is the 480 in the bottom as intake as well, but it requires filters so you can clear the dust, and the exhausts it up top - that's what I'm using until I swap to the SMA8 next year.

My 2cents.

Edit: 800D

G

·
I would run the rear and front fans as intakes, and exhaust out the top. You can adjust the fan speed with a controller to create positive pressure.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
I agree with Kevin.

Personally, I NEVER run top fans as intake/ Always exhaust. My Intakes are usually front and bottom with exhaust on back and top. Depends on the case, as sometimes I'll run the back as intake too, but the one constant is top is exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My plan for my SM8 is 480 on top and 240 on the bottom. Three intake fans in the front and one in the rear. Adjust fans with speedfan to get positive pressure....or as close as I can get, lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The plan for my SM8 is a bottom 480 and the rear fan as intakes and a front 360 as exhaust. Although, I may make the rear fan an exhaust if the system temperatures are not good. This will create positive (or about equal) pressure inside the case.

Larry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts