Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping you guys can help me out here.

I have a H70 cooler on my 2600k. Right now it's set auto overclock through the ASUS BIOS to 4.5ghz. When running at that speed it looks like my voltage is at 1.304.

After running it for 15 minutes or so my temps are between 70-74. Isn't this a bit high? My idle temps are fine, usually between 28-34C. I have re-seated the pump, I have changed the direction of the fans on the radiator, yet my temps are still around that range when running at 4.5ghz.

Is it the voltage that is causing these temps?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboythagr8;14159734
I'm hoping you guys can help me out here.

I have a H70 cooler on my 2600k. Right now it's set auto overclock through the ASUS BIOS to 4.5ghz. When running at that speed it looks like my voltage is at 1.304.

After running it for 15 minutes or so my temps are between 70-74. Isn't this a bit high? My idle temps are fine, usually between 28-34C. I have re-seated the pump, I have changed the direction of the fans on the radiator, yet my temps are still around that range when running at 4.5ghz.

Is it the voltage that is causing these temps?
seems about right to me...the 70's on 100% load is about the highest i would go to. The difference between your idle temps and load temps is somewhat high it seems though.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by lupin_
View Post

Do you have one or two fans on the rad?

Also where is the rad mounted, I moved mine to the top for a 10deg temp drop. I now see load temps of the low 50's

Radiator is at the top of the case (have a FT02) in between 2 fans.

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
What are you using to "load" your CPU? If IBT with the new Linpack those temps are great....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts