Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I ended up getting a good overclock out of my cpu with these settings. 1.HT freq 4x. 2. Dram config=166 3. CPU overclock 250mhz. 4. DDR freq is 416 up from default 400. Got a single beep when i started it up and 2250mhz. Ran prime95 no crashes or lock ups. Played Doom3 for a hour no crashes. Well unfortunately I still dont know too much about O/C ing cause i thought i might be able to squeeze a little more power out of it. Raised the dram cfg to 200mhz voltage was default. Memory was at 1:1 I havent messed with the timings any more than that. When I rebooted it with these new settings I get a startup screen and one solid beep pause and then another the cpu line read 0. So I turned off the comp immediately and cleared the CMOS battery jumper I try to start it up now and I get no beep and a black monitor the monitor doesnt turn on
Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

I really just want to be able to get into the BIOS so I can put the settings back to my original O/C.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
If you happened to leave the jumper on clear mode and powered up you may have damaged the COMS/BIOS and that will require an RMA.
Start with just a vid card, 1 RAM stick, CPU/FHS installed and plugged in.
No HDs, ROMS etc... try that to see if it boots after reclearing the CMOS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this morning I went and tryed starting it again. I cleared the cmos battery again and put the jumper back on default. When I booted it I got a single beep and got a post code of 7f. I tryed getting into the BIOS by hitting Delete but the keyboard wasnt working. I checked keyboard cable it was fine. So I turned off comp and tryed reseting cmos one more time. When I rebooted I get no beep like before and the monitor is black. Why would it boot this morning when all I did was reset the jumper like before?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just tryed booting with just a stick of ram vid card and no cd-rom drives after clearing cmos still wont beep and screen is still black. It should work I just cleared the cmos correctly arggh.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Unplug the psu. Hit the power button a couple times. Move cmos jumper to clear side and wait 10-20 seconds and move jumper back. Turn psu back on and try reboot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.