Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a new case Corsair 760T and I thought about getting a an AIO cooler ( H105 or 110) but I been reading and looking and decided to do a custom loop. It's going to be a "simple" loop just my cpu and gpu. After a long search I found a block for my MSI R7970 lightning card, will be using a EK-FC7970 Lightning - Acetal+Nickel cooler for it along with either:

A) http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-xspc-raystorm-d5-photon-ax360-watercooling-kit.html

But my main question what's the best tubing size ? As the kit comes with a choice of 3 tube sizes,7/16" x 5/8",
1/2" x 3/4",3/8" x 5/8", and will the kit be ok with the the gpu block? tia..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post

Hi, I just got a new case Corsair 760T and I thought about getting a an AIO cooler ( H105 or 110) but I been reading and looking and decided to do a custom loop. It's going to be a "simple" loop just my cpu and gpu. After a long search I found a block for my MSI R7970 lightning card, will be using a EK-FC7970 Lightning - Acetal+Nickel cooler for it along with either:

A) http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-xspc-raystorm-d5-photon-ax360-watercooling-kit.html

But my main question what's the best tubing size ? As the kit comes with a choice of 3 tube sizes,7/16" x 5/8",
1/2" x 3/4",3/8" x 5/8", and will the kit be ok with the the gpu block? tia..
The D5 is a very strong pump. To me, the most aesthetically pleasing tube size is 3/8 x 5/8. Flow restriction is not an issue and doesn't look HUGE like the 1/2 x 3/4. The rule in theory is 120mm space for each component, and you're only running a CPU and GPU, so you should be fine, but overclocking might be a little bit limited on the CPU. I recommend you grab aftermarket fans instead, it will have a quieter design with more air and static pressure resulting improved temperatures. But other than the fans you should be good
smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts