Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Overclockers and experts,<br><br><b>When i check my bios, it says that my cpu is running at 40c, its stock i didnt even touch it, is this normal? and what is NB or SB (i think) hyperthread? its under "chipset" and is at 800 MHz, i have the option to rise it to 1000 MHz should I? my case led right now shows cpu at 28c. Thanks for any help!</b>

·
Registered
226 Posts
i think that 800mhz is your fsb or front side bus jumping it to 1000 is a big jump but i think ur processer is supposta be at 1066 stock, and the 40c could be normal it depends on the processor, my old p4 3ghz idled at 40c, also did u apply the thermal paste correctly and make sure the heat sync is properly mounted

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no this isnt my built (sutom) pc, its my other ordered pc (retail).<br><br>
so i guess they applied it correctly, so do u think i should i should increase it by 200 MHz? my led shows my mobo at 28c. btw waht i NB and SB hyperthread??? when mine is at idle its somewere in the 30c's but my led again shows it at 23c its always off by 5c i guess.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
40C on idle on stock is a normal temp. Its actually quite good, I've yet to get a processor that gives me 40C on stock...<br><br>
I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if your going to overclock i'd recommend getting something else.

·
Registered
226 Posts
usually store bought pc's arent able to be oc'ed

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
it's supposed to run @ 1066 so just set it to there and see what happens.<br />
I'm 99% sure everything works normal, but if not you can just set it back in BIOS

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
What site did you order from? Did they overclock it for you?

·
Administrator
64,280 Posts
40C Stock is relatively normal for that CPU. Your North and Southbridge are on the motherboard and are apart of the chips that make your chipset as a whole. Your chipset Controls the hyperthreading ability on your CPU.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
The BIOS temp. reflects 80% of the full load, so regardless or your CPU you should be just und 50c @ full load so there is nothing to worry about if your not intending to increase the vcore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts