Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1gb ddr samsung ram which came with my pc but there is a problem with it i some times get a erra message or somtimes i can use my pc for about 4 hours without a crash i have put a 250 mb stick in it it workes fine but i was wondering if the memory is fixable or should i chuck it

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
have you oc'ed at all

• Rep+
Reactions: teamwolf

·
Registered
219 Posts
doubt its your ram...if it was you ram it would normally stop working all together(as far as ive experianced) . i would suggest buying another stick of ram for your computer and put it in, then mess with your comp and see if the error ever comes up...if it does then take you old ram out and try messing with it for a LONG while and see if you get the error. if oyu do it is defenetly not your ram...from there i would suggest changing/removing any pci card(s) you have and see if the error still comes up... if it does then its not that.. if that happens then maybe your mobos shorting out on something and your getting an error from it..just try that and if you still get the error, if you do then ill give oyu some more troubleshooting suggestions -trey

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Download a program called memtest, search google/yahoo for it.

Run the stick using that program, if it comes up with errors then chuck it i guess.

·
Registered
219 Posts
nah just cuz there errors doesnt mean there bad ram... also you'll need a floppy drive to run memtest86 ... also if you get errors in memtest86 that just means your memorys unstable =] -trey

·
Registered
604 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Action Trey!

...you'll need a floppy drive to run memtest86 ...

Not true... I have a copy of the newest version of it on a CD that I use all the time at work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts