Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong section for questions!

Ok, i have this motherboard HERE

i bought it new like a year ago and didnt realize until recently that it supports
Hybrid Sli

but i cant seems to find any info on how to set this up within the directions that came with the board

i have currently a XFX 8600 XXX vid card
and would love the extra mem boost from the sli

thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
The 86xx series might support Hybrid SLI, but it would only be Geforce Boost (full Hybrid SLI explanation here). Also here's an image of your BIOS and how to turn on Hybrid SLI. You also might be able to turn on Hybrid SLI in the Power Options under Windows. And, I'm also not sure if Windows 7 supports Hybrid SLI yet, as I only know that Vista does.

As far as which drivers should be installed (onboard or normal GPU drivers), I'm not sure. If you're using the onboard as the primary GPU, you should just run the nForce onbard drivers. If you're using the 8600 as the primary GPU, you should probably just run the normal drivers.

One last thing to add, I doubt you'll see any performance increase, as your onboard and dedicated GPU's aren't that powerful to begin with. You'd be better off getting a 9800GT or something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts