·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, if I had the money for the XT I would do it, but 320 is just a little much. So the extra clock speeds of the 6600 make up for the fact it is 128 bit?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp

Yeah, if I had the money for the XT I would do it, but 320 is just a little much. So the extra clock speeds of the 6600 make up for the fact it is 128 bit?

Well the benchmarks say so, but for some unknown reason I have an unbelievable hatred for the 6600... In my opinion I still say no... If only I could edit all reviews posted about it... lol
So my final descision is the 9800PRO, good overclocking, and that particular model has good cooling. The memory on the 9800 will oc a good 60+ Mhz, well the core will do AT LEAST 100mhz.. well in my case it does...

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
a few things nVidia > ATi hands down, it's as true as 0 > -5
. (For anyone else in math that is not fully true
). But for card efficentcy and well... just because it is cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...122-206&depa=1

oh for peoples knowledge the reason why nVidia > ATi is because there drivers for windows are 2x better than ATi's... and well ATi only makes drivers (except for windows) for linux which SUCK!!! while nVidia hits most OS and they all rock!

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I am using XP Pro, so the OS support issues don't really apply. (FreeBSD, what's that?) But i'm an ATI guy, and so far I have not had any issues with thier cards. I think I'm gonna go with the 9800 'cause bit-rates are killing me now and I don't want that to be a problem in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts