Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what i wanted to ask u guys is i just bought myself a Sapphire HD 4830 and i was overlocking it is running @ 670Mhz Gpu and 960Mhz @ Memory.

Idle the temp is bout 41~44 and when i play like WoW or Prototype it goes around 55~61.

Now the real question should i go higher in overclocking? i want it to run safe and smooth since ive just got it

Thanks in advance,
Shocky

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
Use ATITool: http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/
Use that to overclock, if you can. Otherwise, just use it for stability testing.
Also, make sure you go up by no more than 10MHz at a time. Test for 30 seconds each time. If it fails, lower it by 5, and test for 5 minutes. If it fails, lather rinse repeat. If it passes, do the 10 minute test. Lather rinse repeat until you have a stable overclock for 1 hour.

• Rep+
Reactions: Shocky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by KSIMP88
View Post

Use ATITool: http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/
Use that to overclock, if you can. Otherwise, just use it for stability testing.
Also, make sure you go up by no more than 10MHz at a time. Test for 30 seconds each time. If it fails, lower it by 5, and test for 5 minutes. If it fails, lather rinse repeat. If it passes, do the 10 minute test. Lather rinse repeat until you have a stable overclock for 1 hour.

If what fails? the test?

thanks in advance

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
check the readme

• Rep+
Reactions: Shocky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn atitoolm wont realy work on my pc its craching evrey single time even if i run it as administrator...
any other tools i should use?

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
Um, even at stock speeds?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Use rivatuner, its better than atitool imo. Use furmark to test stability, i.e. ~10mins. Once you reach your max oc using furmark stability test, play your games to further check you have a stable oc. If you see any artifacting whatsoever, lower you oc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What other programs i should use to check the stability for a ATI card? really wanna OC it to the max

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
Didn't Sappire make a suite for this?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shocky
View Post

What other programs i should use to check the stability for a ATI card? really wanna OC it to the max

How to Bios mod your 4830

First of We need 2 programs called ATI WinFlash and RBE tools. These tools can be downloaded from techspot. Winflash 2.0.1.2 Use this winflash or use the newest version. REMEMBER I repeat REMEBER use the same winflash and same RBE tools as you do if you are going to reinstall or update, I upgraded mine and MESSED up my card!! Changed the whole format and I had to PHYSICLY alter the codes in the actual bios on how it works. Just remember the versions you have.

Next you need to back up your bios! Use Gpuz or download it from Techpowerup.

Thirdly start up RBE tools. Look at the bottom of the page for Acquire/flash. Click it and a window will pop up. You can manually tell it were Winflash is located or let it search for it on its own. Once winflash is located click at the bottom right of screen analyze. Then click acquire BIOS.

If done correctly, under the clock settings tab you should see it populated!!! Here comes the good stuff!! The clocks with the highest values set them to 1.158 volts (includes 02-09) don't touch 00 and 01. 00 is set for startup and you don't need more power for that. 01 is for 2d (when your pc is at desktop) I have set mine at 100(core) and 150(mem) at .892 volts and idles around 33 from it being over 38.

Clocks 03-09 should be set at 700(core) and 950(mem) at 1.15. Once you are done setting your values, save BIOS to your desktop.

Start up ATIWinflash. Click load image; locate your saved bios (hopefully saved on your desktop). Then click program.

WARNING!!!!!! What ever you do, DON'T EXIT PROGRAM, OR DO ANYTHING UNTIL IT TELLS YOU IT IS SUCCESSFUL, OR YOU WILL FUBAR YOUR GRAPHIC CARD!

If you do mess it up, you need a spare graphic card to be the boot and your bricked card as secondary. DO the process above but put ALL values to stock, flash it, make it as primary boot and your fine!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one was taken from -> http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=316723

I have added modded bios both of my sapphire 4830's and i can get these work 790/1190!
But if you going to flash your card, its your own fault if you brick it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts