Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alcor is semi-retired after 9 months of service, I only use on in my workplace now, its side buttons have started double clicking, scroll wheel acts ups once in a while and the LED behind cm storm logo's is flickering atm
frown.gif
soooo I'm thinking of ordering an avior on monday !

My current setup : everglide titan monstermat + 500hz zowie intellimouse optical 1.1 champagne edition (old school baby !!
biggrin.gif
)

1) how's the cord ? "they say" it's quite flexible for braided, but is it light and flexible like zowie EC pre-eVo or abyssus 3.5G ?

2) what about the feet ? I know from experience that big feet cause more "stiction" on slow damp clothpads compared to smaller ones

3) is the shell durable and/or "grippy" ? My hands usually sweat during the hot months of the year and I try to keep them clean a few times during the day, been through 4 or 5 intellimouse explorers during the last decade, only one them had some of the coating peeled off in the spot where my thumb used to come in cotact with. my sweat is not "acidic" or anyting !
I've also been through zowie ec2 non evo - ec2 evo - AM - deathadder black edition, the rubber coating on them seemed to be good enough for 1 or maybe 2 years of use( but i'm also aware of some hideous feeling reported/pictured by FK and DA BE users )

the texture on those mice did not feel grippy though, especially when not "broken in" the rubber sides on spawn/xornet are very good instead !!

4) feedback on 3.38 beta firmware looks very good, what's the catch ? i don't care about high LOD nor some cursor jitter at resolutions above 800dpi, is the malfunction and "perfect control speed" high enough for a 45cm/360 sensitivity ?

5) is the sensor finicky about mousepad color / texture ? cm storm alcor for example tracks best on soft - smooth and solid black mousepads like sharkoon 1337 XL, rougher textures and or/lighter colors introduce skipping and negative acceleration, I'd really like to use this pad with the avior, its paintjob makes it feel very smoth and plesant to the touch http://bcchardware.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=20972

My current mouse glides like a dream on it but the malfunction speed is poor, it must the grayish color
frown.gif

6) I've been through many symmetric mice that featured side buttons on both sides, like : mx310 - IO 1.1 - zowie AM - cm storm recon

will i be fine with avior's button placement or do those side buttons really get in the way ?

thanks in advance people !!

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFGR View Post

My alcor is semi-retired after 9 months of service, I only use on in my workplace now, its side buttons have started double clicking, scroll wheel acts ups once in a while and the LED behind cm storm logo's is flickering atm
frown.gif
soooo I'm thinking of ordering an avior on monday !

My current setup : everglide titan monstermat + 500hz zowie intellimouse optical 1.1 champagne edition (old school baby !!
biggrin.gif
)

1) how's the cord ? "they say" it's quite flexible for braided, but is it light and flexible like zowie EC pre-eVo or abyssus 3.5G ?

2) what about the feet ? I know from experience that big feet cause more "stiction" on slow damp clothpads compared to smaller ones

3) is the shell durable and/or "grippy" ? My hands usually sweat during the hot months of the year and I try to keep them clean a few times during the day, been through 4 or 5 intellimouse explorers during the last decade, only one them had some of the coating peeled off in the spot where my thumb used to come in cotact with. my sweat is not "acidic" or anyting !
I've also been through zowie ec2 non evo - ec2 evo - AM - deathadder black edition, the rubber coating on them seemed to be good enough for 1 or maybe 2 years of use( but i'm also aware of some hideous feeling reported/pictured by FK and DA BE users )

the texture on those mice did not feel grippy though, especially when not "broken in" the rubber sides on spawn/xornet are very good instead !!

4) feedback on 3.38 beta firmware looks very good, what's the catch ? i don't care about high LOD nor some cursor jitter at resolutions above 800dpi, is the malfunction and "perfect control speed" high enough for a 45cm/360 sensitivity ?

5) is the sensor finicky about mousepad color / texture ? cm storm alcor for example tracks best on soft - smooth and solid black mousepads like sharkoon 1337 XL, rougher textures and or/lighter colors introduce skipping and negative acceleration, I'd really like to use this pad with the avior, its paintjob makes it feel very smoth and plesant to the touch http://bcchardware.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=20972

My current mouse glides like a dream on it but the malfunction speed is poor, it must the grayish color
frown.gif

6) I've been through many symmetric mice that featured side buttons on both sides, like : mx310 - IO 1.1 - zowie AM - cm storm recon

will i be fine with avior's button placement or do those side buttons really get in the way ?

thanks in advance people !!
A lot of this has been covered but the threads on the Avior now are way too long to go through for a human, lol.

1) Yes, very flexible for being braided. It never got in my way whereas the G402 cable can be a pain by comparison.
2) The feet are larger but in my experience are very smooth, and I never had an issue with them either. I guess it may depend on what mat you use them on.
3) The coating is actually perfect for you because if you sweat even just a little bit, the mouse will stick to your hand nicely.
4) 3.38 has some missing features like LED customization. The sensor works fine though. There should be a new firmware coming soon as well that has all features working and the same cursor response as 3.38.
5) Color, I don't think so. Texture of the mat and tracking is something the 3310 is finicky about, so I can't tell you 100% if it will work normally on any given cloth mat even.
6) Depends a lot on your grip. I'm a fingertip so barely ever feel the right side buttons, but they do stick out quite a bit more than most ambi mice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts