Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next month I am going to do some upgrades on my rig and one thing I want to do is get some faster memory and more of it. I have been looking at this this and getting 2 kits. It's pricey but I am hoping that with it being DDR600 that I can get my Opty to 3GHz or higher on a 1:1 memory ratio. So are those sticks any good. Also, any other recommendations on RAM that will allow me the oc I want with little or no divider?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Thats some good stuff.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

Thats some good stuff.

But do you think it's worth the cost for 2 gigs and do you think it will do 334 on the FSB to get me over 3GHz? I know CPU can do it because I have had it there but just wasn't stable.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashovride02
View Post

But do you think it's worth the cost for 2 gigs and do you think it will do 334 on the FSB to get me over 3GHz? I know CPU can do it because I have had it there but just wasn't stable.

I been trying everything to get to 323 on my operton...1:1 ratio..running three different sets of tccd...no luck...290 best I got so far but still tweaking

~~edit~~ One of the sets is those..And my corsair 3500llpro..has done way better than those

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredom
View Post

No, it won't

Having 4 sticks doesn't help either =/

Okay, It should run at DDR600 though without any problems which will get me close to my goal. If I have to use a divider than at least it won't be a huge one like I have to use now. Why is having 4 sticks not a good thing?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still need to know why 4 sticks isn't good. I want TCCD memory but they only come in 512MB sticks. What is a GREAT OC'ing ram that I can use that I can get in a 2 gig set?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So is it better to have 2 gigs of memory running say at DDR500 or 1 gig running at DDR600+?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I still need to know why 4 sticks isn't good. I want TCCD memory but they only come in 512MB sticks. What is a GREAT OC'ing ram that I can use that I can get in a 2 gig set?

Using 4 sticks puts a lot of stress on the IMC so you'll be forced to run the RAM at 2T and it will also make clocking to 300mhz difficult

If you're looking for 2GB you'll want to look into either anything UCCC or Micron based

Quote:

View Post

So is it better to have 2 gigs of memory running say at DDR500 or 1 gig running at DDR600+?

That depends on what you use your PC for, if you run apps that need 2GB then it's better having that at DDR500 than 1GB at DDR600, other way around if you don't

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Taeric is selling his 2x512 TeamXtreme sticks in the FOR SALE forum.
Memtest shot WELL OVER 300FSB.
Take a peek at tonights post, pretty impressive for $200.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredom
View Post

Using 4 sticks puts a lot of stress on the IMC so you'll be forced to run the RAM at 2T and it will also make clocking to 300mhz difficult

If you're looking for 2GB you'll want to look into either anything UCCC or Micron based

That depends on what you use your PC for, if you run apps that need 2GB then it's better having that at DDR500 than 1GB at DDR600, other way around if you don't

I play BF2 and BF2142 etc... So getting the 2GB would probably be best. So would these be a good choice since they are Micron? I also like them because they tested using the mobo i have.

Thanks for the help man
. REP+ for you!

·
Premium Member
12,297 Posts
Those Team Xtreem Cronus ones are meant to be awesome - I would say go with those

1 - 13 of 13 Posts