Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Leopold full size keyboard off of Elitekeyboards.com with Cherry Red MX switches. I received a keyboard with Cherry Blues. Should I attempt to send it back and get the reds or just deal with the blues? How distracting are the blues when you are gaming? If they aren't too bad I might keep it and just call it good. If I would be highly annoyed with it for gaming purposes I will contact them to attempt an exchange.

What do you all think? Keep the Blue or try to exchange for the Red switches which I ordered at first. This is my first mechanical keyboard.

P.S. This is NOT a knock on elitekeyboards.com or their staff. It was a simple error on the invoice. I am just looking for advice as to whether or not I should keep what I was sent or if I should contact them to attempt an exchange. Please understand that I hold no grudge against them, mistakes happen.

So my question really is this. Are the MX Blues annoying enough that I would want reds? As a side question are the blues so much better than the reds for typing that I'd absolutely be better off with the blues?

·
Registered
845 Posts
If you are gaming with someone else in the room, they might get annoyed by the clicks the blues make. Honestly, I would just send it back because now you know what blues feel like and once you get your reds, you can see which you like better, so you know for your next purchase
wink.gif

·
Registered
257 Posts
They are both totally different switches so I would return the board to ek and get the reds which is what you ordered...

Its more of preference between the two switches and don't want to say one is better than the other .. Some loves blues ..some love reds.. But one is linear (reds) and the other is tactile with a click(blues) so there is big difference in feel.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol...i don't expect to buy another $100 keyboard. Plus it's a week one way for ground shipping.

I know the differences that isn't what i asked. I wanted to know of the blues are that amnoying for gaming or not.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd;15320567
Lol...i don't expect to buy another $100 keyboard. Plus it's a week one way for ground shipping.

I know the differences that isn't what i asked. I wanted to know of the blues are that amnoying for gaming or not.
You say that now, but one is never enough... What kind of gaming do you do? People usually favor blues for RTS' and linear switches, like reds, for FPS'. I would go listen to sound samples on youtube and read this.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I play fps games more than other types. Maybe rpg as well like skyrum etc. Hard to say what i would like for gaming purposes based on sound. I am concerned about the feel.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd;15320686
I play fps games more than other types. Maybe rpg as well like skyrum etc. Hard to say what i would like for gaming purposes based on sound. I am concerned about the feel.
The red is going to be a relatively smooth stroke as compared to the bump you feel in the middle of a blue stroke. Again, its largely based on preference.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe i should just try it and see if it's that annoying. I know blue will be much better for typing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Played some quick FPS games with the MX Blues and there was nothing notably awful about it. Just gonna keep it. I even tried double tapping and had no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts