Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good ELECTRIC guitar strings? Nothing acoustic.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberDucky

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DADWOUND go with these very nice

Never getting that brand again, I have a bloody finger right now because a friend reccommended them to me and they didn't even last a month!
And the high e string snapped and my finger is in killer pain right now.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Ernie Ball... Ill be trying DR soon

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_teflon_don

ernie ball super slinky's..

Roight on meahhnnn. Earnie Ball Extra or Super Slinkys are the best guitar/bass guitar strings, I had some on my Martin Backpacker (I finally sold it), and I had a set on my bass a few years back, before they got all tarnished and gross.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already said I'm not getting D'Addario, they're cheap. And I waisted $6 today on ghs boomers, the high e broke when I was stringing, cheap peices of crap. This is beggining to piss me off. What about Blue Steel?

EDIT: Do you think I could get my money back for these? I got them at Best Buy (I had store credit, and there was nothing else to spend $6 on, because that was the cheapest thing there besides the candy and pop up front)

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Ive played Ernie Balls for 10 years and I dont play with less than 13s on my high e, says something for strength...

Ill be trying DR soon cause theyre all hand wound

anyway, you just said the high e broke on your d'addarios AND ghs'... sounds like you should stop blaming your strings and check your nut and tuner

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

Ive played Ernie Balls for 10 years and I dont play with less than 13s on my high e, says something for strength...

anyway, you just said the high e broke on your d'addarios AND ghs'... sounds like you should stop blaming your strings and check your nut and tuner

But I've never had a problem before.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_teflon_don

seriosuly, d'addarios are ot the prob, the prob is YOU!

Thanks for the reccommendations.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

Yeah, E strings don't usually break THAT easily, unless your bridge or nut needs to be setup. Have you gotten your guitar setup yet? If so, you should look into doing so.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2

Yeah, E strings don't usually break THAT easily, unless your bridge or nut needs to be setup. Have you gotten your guitar setup yet? If so, you should look into doing so.

What do you mean by that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finding strings for electric guitar that suits you, your guitar, your style and gives you the sound you want is a bit of a journey.

Try the different manufacturers (Ernie Ball, D'Addario, Rotosound, Fender, Elixir etc).

Try different gauges (lighter gauges give you more treble tones and are easier to play, heavier gauges give more powerful bass tones but are hearder to play). Or look at a hybrid set, light treble strings for easy bends with heavy bass strings for that power and bass.

Try different string materials (pure nickel will give soft, mellow tones and feel smooth, Stainless Steel will give sharp, powerful tones and feel rough, Nickel plated Steel is a combination and gives the best of both with a smooth feel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts