Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new speakers for gaming and listening to music (pretty much only Metal). I really don't know my way around speakers, so I would like some help. My budget is $100, and it would be nice if they have it at Best Buy since I have a $100 best buy giftcard. What would you guys recommend?

If it is one of those 5.1 systems with loads of speakers, where should I position them? Here is a basic layout of my room:

unledkx.png

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
AudioEngine A2. A little more than $100 but they're powered. If you're fine with unpowered speakers (which means you need an amp. Onboard will not cut it), the NHT SuperZero 2.0 is a great set of speakers. Only $99 but you need a nice amp. You won't get much juice from these with onboard though. I'm not so sure that best buy as any of the ones I've mentioned though

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reminding me. I have an onboard sound card, so something which will work for that please.

For my desk set up, should I get a 2.1 or 5.1 system?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
For $100 you definitely should go with 2.0 or 2.1, as any 5.1 set in the price range will probably be terrible.

A little more than a hundred but totally worth it Klipsh Promedia 2.1, they're on sale right now at BB.

·
Gaming enthusiast
863 Posts
def go with the klipcsh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts