Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I need speakers, I am currently using some 2.1 Creative speakers that have been through a car crash and thrown into ditch filled with water...some how they still work

My budget is non existent at the moment , I would just like to set a goal so I don't keep spending money on other things.

Looking for 2.1 or 5.1 , Any setup is good , Uses will be mainly computer but I might run HTPC/TV through them. That is kind of up in the air but recommendations are welcome.

Edit: Quality does matter obviously.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I absolutely love my Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 speakers. Paid $150 what seems like 8 years ago and haven't looked back. Bought a set for a friend on Craigslist for $50.

If you can score that kind of deal you should jump all over it.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
pro medias if you like quality but not loud. z-2300 if you like loud and less clear. z-5500 if you want really loud and worse. be it that worse isnt that much with the logitech. pro medias cant go very loud at all i was not impressed.

EDIT : i have owned all 3 sets. sold em all now i use HT setup with reciver

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitpc313 View Post
Whats your budget? 200 300 400 500?
"My budget is non existent at the moment , I would just like to set a goal so I don't keep spending money on other things.
"

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. I really need speakers and Loud is important but quality is just as important. I though about buying a cheaper Tuner and some nice speakers but I don't know.

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts