Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to put togheter for my new system, I need suggestion for the cpu fan/heatsink which one is good and of course cheap
. I plan to OC just a bit (3.6 - 3.8ghz)

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Scythe Mugen 2 and pair it with an UltraKaze 3000 down the line... fairly cheap solution that should do th trick for 3.6-3.8GHz on an i7

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JKBenchmarks View Post
i920?

What happened to i919?

I dare you to make less sense.

On topic: get a xigmatek dark knight with 2 ultra kaze 3k's in push/pull config, that setup has never failed

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by JKBenchmarks
View Post

i920?

What happened to i919?

i919 what is it?

what about the coolmaster v8? or thermalright?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
Scythe Mugen 2 and pair it with an UltraKaze 3000 down the line... fairly cheap solution that should do th trick for 3.6-3.8GHz on an i7
is this heatsink + fans fit on the Asus P6t deluxe? does it block the RAM slot?
I read from newegg review and someone has mention about bloking RAM slot for some mobo. I just wantta be sure b4 purchase fron newegg

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
The sunbeam core contact freezer can be had for around 25 dollars after rebate on newegg, and is keeping my i7 at around 70c full load in a matx case.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
I am about to put togheter for my new system, I need suggestion for the cpu fan/heatsink which one is good and of course cheap
. I plan to OC just a bit (3.6 - 3.8ghz)
Heh...3.6-3.8 is more than just a bit. It's getting towards the upper-end of aircooling.

I would recommend the Dark Knight. $37 if you order by 7/22. http://www.chiefvalue.com/product-_-...00155789010060

Should be able to get a safe OC if your case is ventilated well enough.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
You won't be able to use Mugen2 with a 38mm fan on a P6T, because it will interfere with the 1st RAM DIMM.

And unless you have a high tolerance for noise, UltraKaze3000 is not the best choice, especially if you are only wanting a modest OC of 3.6 to 3.8.

The best heatsink for your dollar is going to be Xigi Dark Knight. Can't beat it for $39, and it comes with a decent fan. You could upgrade to a 38mm fan (YES IT WILL FIT SINCE THE DK IS NOT AS THICK), but go with two UltraKaze2000 front and back, for great cooling performance.

If you want to spurge a little, and want something more just in case you get brave, then go with TRUE, with 2x UltraKaze2000. It will fit.

Megahalems and Mugen2 will not.

Take it from someone who actually owns them. Trust me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHigh
View Post

The best heatsink for your dollar is going to be Xigi Dark Knight. Can't beat it for $39, and it comes with a decent fan. You could upgrade to a 38mm fan (YES IT WILL FIT SINCE THE DK IS NOT AS THICK), but go with two UltraKaze2000 front and back, for great cooling performance.

If you want to spurge a little, and want something more just in case you get brave, then go with TRUE, with 2x UltraKaze2000. It will fit.

Megahalems and Mugen2 will not.

Take it from someone who actually owns them. Trust me.

This.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts