Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey OCN,

I'm looking to get some portable headphones to use on campus and out and about. Looking something portable, closed, with decent isolation. I currently have a pair of SR850's and I do enjoy them but they are more suited for home use. Current budget is up to $300 max but lower wouldn't be bad and would be picking these up through Amazon. As for music I listen to a bit of everything but I do enjoy some bass. Sources would be Nexus 7, Galaxy S3, and my PC with a Xonar DG.

I was looking at the V-Moda M-100's, Logitech UE6000 and ATH-WS99 and my main concern is they seem to be bass focused but how do they do with other music considering I don't 100% listen to bass heavy music.

Was wondering if anyone has any input on the headphones above or have any other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agreed with both previous posters. HD25 / Amperior or Momentum well worth looking in to. Audition them if possible. Don't know the other headphones you mention yourself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try the Beyerdynamic DT 1350's if you are not looking for a bassy headphone. The amperior/HD 25, I've personally tried are a bit too V shaped in the frequency response and a bit bassy in my opinion.

You can get a deal at razordogdeals if you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts