Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to buy some headphones right this second. I'm literally on NCIX.com and looking at them when I realize, "Hey, I know nothing of headphones!" lol

So I'm looking for something for comfort. I have a small head but ears that stick out. I'd say my ears are a bit closer to my head than Will Smith's

Main uses will be 1. Gaming (chat and audio) and 2. Listening to music!

Anyone have any possible suggestions? Looking to spend $100!

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
If you can arrange for an American buddy to ship them to you, I'd recommend a pair of ATH-AD700 headphones and a Zalman Clip-on mic. Together, they should come to less than $100 USD, and they're pretty much the best headphones for gaming thanks to their amazing soundstage.

This is the Zalman Clip-On mic. Zalman really nailed it with this mic, IMO. It's great, small and cheap.

I don't really have any suggestions from NCIX, sorry (other than the mic). The search system on their is awful, and browsing products is a pain.

However, I can continue to make recommendations... if you don't want to go through the hassle of shipping from America, I'd get a pair of JVC RX700 or RX900 headphones, they're pretty good for gaming.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any american site that ships to Canada sell those headphones? I'll gladly buy them and spend the extra like $20.00 lol

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
you will have too try to get someone from the states too grab em and ship them up too you, only place i know of that carrys em up here has them listed for 150$.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
the canadian amazon hes mostly geared towards media, they have the odd other junk but no where near as good as there u.s counterpart.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
I'd HIGHLY recommend the AD700's as well, although they are open back and will leak sound, so if you're in a room with others, they will hear the gun shots and what not. They also have the A700, A500 that are closed back and don't leak sound, but these will have more bass also but less soundstage and the Open back AD series are MUCH more accurate for gaming, especially shooters as they are like cheating cuz sound helps you choose where the enemy is.

The AD700's are on sale for $88 here.. I'd also recommend the AD500's if you can't afford the 700's. The AD500's are what I have and are basically the same thing, after a proper burn in they sound as good as the 700's my brother has.

I'll sell you my AD500's as I might get the AD900's soon.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

A set of stereo headphones > ANY surround sound headphones. Surround sound is just a gimmick.

No kidding. A few of my classmates have been getting this, which I find ugly and gimmicky (and expensive), even though it was only one of them that recommended it, against my words that surround sound headphones are toys compared to good stereo headphones with a clip-on mic; even if the latter is cheaper they'd still use the Trittons. They didn't listen to me and don't want to know what they're missing, kinda sad.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I found the ad700s on ebay.ca! Looks like I might have to pay like $170 or $150 if the seller marks it as gift for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts