Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend wants to get a pair of 5.1/7.1 headphones with a good mic, her max is 75 bucks which pushes me out of the knowledge base cause I only know of the more expensive ones, 3.5mm connectors as well, no usb

I know how people here are so im going to say this once

-I don't care if you think "surround sound" is a gimmick
-I don't care if you think she should order a pair of headphones and a seperate mic

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post
Friend wants to get a pair of 5.1/7.1 headphones with a good mic, her max is 75 bucks which pushes me out of the knowledge base cause I only know of the more expensive ones, 3.5mm connectors as well, no usb

I know how people here are so im going to say this once

-I don't care if you think "surround sound" is a gimmick
-I don't care if you think she should order a pair of headphones and a seperate mic

Then you don't care about her plain and simple.

This will be your best bet. This will be your best bet.

It's not surround sound but it is one of the best Headsets for under $100 plain and simple.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
You only have two ears. What good is having more than 2 drivers directly against your ears going to do? Surround sound headphones ARE a gimmick, plain and simple. You need to educate your friend before he/she makes a wrong purchase.

Let's see....6-8 REALLY small drivers against my ear
2 good sized drivers, that give me the same exact sound...but sounds better.

Hmmm, that's a hard choice.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
You only have two ears. What good is having more than 2 drivers directly against your ears going to do? Surround sound headphones ARE a gimmick, plain and simple. You need to educate your friend before he/she makes a wrong purchase.

Let's see....6-8 REALLY small drivers against my ear
2 good sized drivers, that give me the same exact sound...but sounds better.

Hmmm, that's a hard choice.
Lets not mention pro gamers don't use 5.1 or 7.1 headsets. Or that the 6-8 drivers are mediocre and are easily overwhelmed by the sound. Or that you need much more room for a 5.1 system to "surround" you physically. Or that your ears will not perceive the difference in the drivers especially on a closed back headphone. Or that you would need 6-8 wires to achieve true surround sound not this virtuallised sound which can be achieved by audiophile headphones.

Lets just not talk about all of those facts.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WTHbot View Post
This will be your best bet.

It's not surround sound but it is one of the best Headsets for under $100 plain and simple.
+1 for these, I had the barracuda's which were 5.1 but were total garbage and Razer replaced them with the Carcharias after they broke for the 3rd time. They might not be audiophile headphones but they make a good sub $100 gaming headset. The mic is great, some reviews say it's a pain to use in a noisy area but I've never had a problem at loud LANs before.

Also supposedly
these these
are pretty good if you're still headstrong about the 5.1. Someone I use to go to school with loved them.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerkk
View Post

+1 for these, I had the barracuda's which were 5.1 but were total garbage and Razer replaced them with the Carcharias after they broke for the 3rd time. They might not be audiophile headphones but they make a good sub $100 gaming headset. The mic is great, some reviews say it's a pain to use in a noisy area but I've never had a problem at loud LANs before.

Also supposedly these are pretty good if you're still headstrong about the 5.1. Someone I use to go to school with loved them.

I got the barracuda <3 em. I was looking at those ear force's too but I dunno how turtle beach is, they a good brand? Thanks btw for being the only one that read the post and was actually helpful.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerkk View Post
Well here's a quick reviewof the them. From what I've read turtle beach makes pretty well built headsets for gaming, pc and console.
thanks!
I'll have her read it. I think she chose the razers over those cause the razers looked like they'd fit her head better (small head)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post
thanks!
I'll have her read it. I think she chose the razers over those cause the razers looked like they'd fit her head better (small head)
Probably a good call then, I can where mine for a couple hours and not even realize I'm wearing them. Hope she like them

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerkk View Post
Probably a good call then, I can where mine for a couple hours and not even realize I'm wearing them. Hope she like them

"mine" , are you referring to the razers? which ones you got? It makes me sick razer made the megladon or whatever it's called usb >

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpykeZ
View Post

"mine" , are you referring to the razers? which ones you got? It makes me sick razer made the megladon or whatever it's called usb >

You cant have 7.1 surround sound (virtual) without the USB. Which is why the g35 has USB as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts