Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my mobo is starting to go because of my sub headers on the mobo needs to be unplugged and replugged in again. I tried to take out my gpu and found out one of the two thumb screws
isn't really coming out. Upon looking at it closer, it comes out but goes back into the thread into a never ending loop. I asked the people at a local computer store and they couldnt tell me anything other than drilling the thumb screw out. Has anyone have this happen and is there a way of getting the thumb screw out so I can take out my gpu?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,885 Posts
if putting pressure on the back of the thumb screw while unscrewing doesn't work, then drilling is about your only option.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
if putting pressure on the back of the thumb screw while unscrewing doesn't work, then drilling is about your only option.
This is my first thought also, have you tried pushing hard on it from the backside with something metal?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I haven't tried this idea. So to be clear I should put a piece of metal like a metal screw bit or a different smaller piece of metal like the gpu io shield?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Just something that wont give when you push on it like you're finger would. Pliers would work also, maybe a screwdriver like you said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts