Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you think?? Going order it on Saturday I think. Looking to do gaming/internet only. Plan on getting a Quad in 6-12 months once prices go down. Looking for a rig I can use for 2 years or so before an upgrade. I'm going to get a 4870 next paycheck but I'd like to get it up and running for surfing until then. Maybe a lil OC'n if all goes well

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The only thing I would really take issue with is the case, Rosewill has never impressed me with their quality and/or design. There's a couple offerings from Coolermaster and Antec that aren't much higher in price that have some decent layout, and features like removable dust filters etc.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Think you should invest another $17 for the Antec 300 case. You get a top 140mm fan, pack of thumb screws, hidden cable management area, mesh front design, 2 120mm front fan area, optional side fan location, bottom mounted PSU, all this for another $17.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Antec 300 it is! The reason I chose that one was it was dual 120mm fans w/ a quick release filter, but I knew I should have went for the 300 lol. Thanks guys and any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and will I be able to run 64 bit vista before I buy a video card in a week??

·
Registered
190 Posts
ya definitely, windows doesn't really need a video card, but you won't be able to use aero very well probably. You'll just have to reconfigure your os in the control panel after you put the card in. What video card are you getting? nm... i just saw it, you might want a power supply that will last you a while if you plan to go sli or xfire in the future Corsair Powwa!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
You might not need the AS5 I have heard that the stuff on the heat sink is pretty good. You could save the money and get a slightly better cooler (I think the OCZ Vendetta is only 5 bucks more).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts