Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Need a little help, ive got a video card that is rather old which is running on Windows 95 or Windows 98 on a clients computer that requires Video Card Drivers.

Problem is I do not know anything about the card, but I have illustrated below what is on the card, both front and back so hopefully you guys can help me out Identifying the card and finding a suitable driver.

Thanks

Nathan

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Try using a program that tells you the video card, I used to have one, and used it all the time on old rigs but I forgot it. Ohh, try going to my computer and go to device manager, and look at display adapters.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Ahhhhh, an old tnt2 eh, That was my first video card an old tnt2 ''Vanta'' with 8mb of memory I still have it, and no hs or fan or anything, but I still got it overclocked hehehe.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the device manager just says the standard VGA Controller

it doesnt look like i can download one from the NVIDIA site

and where can i find a program that can identify the video card

anyone?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try searching driverguide.com, drivershq.com, windrivers.com, winfiles.com and driversplanet.com for something. Try using dxdiag to identify the adapter.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will use DXDiag, but is there anything better, or is that the best

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i finally got the right drivers on the system, restarted the computer and it comes up with a windows protection fault and wants me to restart the computer. I then have to boot into safe mode, and then remove the card. reboot into normal mode and add the standard video controller again

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nup, doesnt work

installs the drivers alright

goes to restart and the following error message comes up

There is a problemwith your display settings. the adapter type is incorrect or the current settings do not work with your hardware.

Im starting to think something is wrong with the mainboard or video card or video card slot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts