Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Original 16-bit Genesis®
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

These are the key points that make up the model. There's a lot of hints at Project Centennial here, the bridge that ports a Win32 app to the Store. One important note is the ability to uninstall the app. As it stands, if you wish to uninstall a Win32 app, you must go into Settings and go through what could be a lengthy process to remove it.

Once that Win32 app has been converted to a UWP app, uninstalling it will be as easy as any other UWP app. That app also won't have spewed DLL files all over your system.
Source

I can appreciate the no bloated registry and files scattered everywhere. But I can't help to think that they will force everyone into the store eventually.

·
Politically incorrect
9,295 Posts
MSpy doing everything they can to force their app store on us.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I see a lot of upsides to the UWP model, from both a user and developer point of view. Keeping app data fenced in for clean installs and uninstalls is great, and anything that stops apps touching the registry is good.

The only valid complaint (for non-game apps) I've heard is that you can't get apps unless you go through the Store and that will no longer be the case.
Quote:
Of course, acquiring an app from the Store is something that we all know how to do, so what's new here? Well, if you're a developer, you no longer have to distribute your app from the Store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts