Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install .NET framework to be able to install my GFX card drivers, but i don't know which one i need, could somebody show me... Thanks. here are the choices on M$ websight..

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
the 1.1 version is what I had to download.

• Rep+
Reactions: wowza

·
Registered
824 Posts
I hate to say it.. but.. It depends.

Chances are, you need the 1.1 variants.

So, install 1.1 and then hit Windows Update for SP1 and security fixes.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Well the 1.1 is a much smaller file, so try that first. I wouldn't do the 2.0 unless the 1.1 didn't work.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
it does depend, 1.1 is probably all you need unless you can think of specific programs that require 2.0... I say get 2.0 anyway so you dont have to upgrade later but I use 2.0 so Im biased...

quick example, if you use nvtray/ nvtweak, which any nvidia user should, youll need 2.0 so you might as well download it now

• Rep+
Reactions: wowza

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wouldnt work for some reason, i think it is a build off of 1.1 but what i really need is a download link to it, because windows update doesnt have it for some reason... Thanks.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you hit Windows Update, you can get .NEt, Sp and patches.

If you have them and you application is saying you don't, you have a strange issue.

Also, 1.x and 2.x are separate. They are both able to install and be consumed by applications at the same time.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by satansmurf

If you hit Windows Update, you can get .NEt, Sp and patches.

If you have them and you application is saying you don't, you have a strange issue.

Also, 1.x and 2.x are separate. They are both able to install and be consumed by applications at the same time.

Trust me, my Dual processor computer is wierd... I keep running into problems left and right and another windows problem wouldn't suprise me
. Sheesh i had to install windows over about 5 times, and all the goodies to go with it (chipset drivers, GFX card drivers, directX 9.0c uh, u name it, i got it)...

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by satansmurf

I hope you use imaging tools..

I hate reinstalls

I dont, im just too lazy, ill get to it one of these days... Wait, is there a program where you dont have to reboot evertime after you install a program? or use windows updater? Because it gets a little tiering watching windows updater making me reboot my computer when it is 1 little 50k patch to a progam i never use..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts