Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just recently shut off cable and switched to a home server/streaming house. I am using an older Netgear WPN824 v3. My main PC which is currently acting as home server is connected via LAN, as well as the Xbox360. The HTPC, the laptop, and two phones are connected via Wi-Fi. The problem i am having is that the wi-fi will stop functioning at random (it seems) while the LAN connected computers continue to function. I have reset the router to default settings and need help making this dame thing work.
(am a networking noob)

thanks,

Edit*
All server, laptop, and htpc are running win7 1 phone is android 1 in ios

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, after read several forums I think the router just went bad. There's a few thing I'm going to try but I'm pretty sure ill be buying a new router.

Just need some advice. My new router will need to be able to handle a PC and Xbox wired in. Three PC's and two phones on Wi-Fi. The main PC wired in will be the "server" and could be streaming to more than one device at a time while others could be streaming from Hulu or Netflix.

Would this work.

[=[/]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320062&Tpk=33-320-062][/]
Any other suggestion would be great. I'm under educated in networking still.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.