Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Server: DL140 G1
Testing node: Cheapo compaq
Issue: Loads up dhcp, goes through tftp, loads kernels, then says "ready" when i should be prompting for a login.

Any ideas? im to lazy right now to really add any information but it will be provided upon request, help is always appreciated blah blah blah

~{}

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
You're asking for people to take time out to help you but you are too lazy to post the details of your problem? Do you not think there is maybe something a little wrong with that?

Seriously, at least post a few details of your physical setup and the software you are running (at least the OS!) and you may get a little help. But TBH I don't know if I can be bothered.

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_beast
View Post

You're asking for people to take time out to help you but you are too lazy to post the details of your problem? Do you not think there is maybe something a little wrong with that?

Seriously, at least post a few details of your physical setup and the software you are running (at least the OS!) and you may get a little help. But TBH I don't know if I can be bothered.

I agree.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about that, just got *****ed at because on a skills assignment sheet at school i barely marked any skills off that i had (pretty much true). Anyways running ubuntu server 8.04 lts, using dhcp3-server to give ip addresses to node, PXE boot gets ip address and tftp transfers kernels over and those load. It was all based off of this tutorial: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EasyUbuntuCl...edClusterGuide

i apologize for my earlier post and its extreme rudeness

~{}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts