Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Ok set it to show kilobytes instead, 116.4 down and 50.8 up.

As for ATT being faster, my dad has an iPhone 3GS, when ever I get a new phone we run a speedtest and compare. Verizon is constantly faster when we try it.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sti-06 View Post
verizon's 3g is slower than at&t. /end of thread.
And Tmo leaves em both in the dust. I get wildly inconsistent speeds here in PHX. Could be 250Kbps, could be 2000Kbps, ya never know. But I do always get something.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
just ran it on my evo 4g and with 4g with a crappy signal im getting 5013kbps down and 1036kbps up

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Im on Verizon DROID x2 I tested mine twice I got almost the same 2199/485. Im on 3gVerizon obviously

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTFrog;13665084
Damn that's slow for 4g.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
From my understanding T-Mobile's not using 4G, but HSPA+. Verizon's LTE's the only true 4G IIRC. I can attest to 10+ Mbps down, 2+ Mbps up just about everywhere in the valley. More often than not, I can sustain 20 down across 4 clients including a torrent server if needed.

It's not really feasible to do this without an external power source however. Remember you're essentially using it as a router. We don't see those on battery source, lol.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I would love to give you some results, but I've recently moved to a 4G challenged part of town. I just killed a chunk of battery and burned my balls off speedtesting, lol. Ill stick to wifi and eat crow from the att /tmo/sprint crew for now.

I've also noticed less and less reliable 4G since moving to the AOSP CM7. But going back to stocks just not happening. Sense can get bent too.

Edit: got one...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh
View Post

I would love to give you some results, but I've recently moved to a 4G challenged part of town. I just killed a chunk of battery and burned my balls off speedtesting, lol. Ill stick to wifi and eat crow from the att /tmo/sprint crew for now.

I've also noticed less and less reliable 4G since moving to the AOSP CM7. But going back to stocks just not happening. Sense can get bent too.

Edit: got one...

I'd take that over my 1MBPS down any day. Good thing I'm getting Roadrunner Wide band 50 down 5 up tomorrow so at least at home my phone won't suck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts