Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am looking for a program(preferably freeware ofc) that can monitor basic network traffic on a single computer. i don't have multiple computers active on my home network so i am not looking into a untangle box or something similar. what i want is basically very simple. need a program that records download speeds/upload speeds(per process) and amount downloaded. i have googled but you either get stuff that is way to complicated for me or it doesn't work :S

A few years ago(when i was back on XP) there was one of those firewalls that did just what i wanted. but when i switched to w7 it stopped working(i cant remember name though :S)

is any of you aware of such a program out there? like i said it doesnt have to be anything extensive, just monitoring bandwith usage of certain processes on the same pc
smile.gif

thanx all in advance!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I know there is some better software out there, but for very basic monitoring, you could always use a windows desktop gadget. Thats what I use to check if theres any usage over the network. Only thing is it will reset every time you turn the PC off, but if you only want stats per session then it could be what your after.

link here to the one I use if your interested, its reasonably customisable for what it is.
http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=86656dc5-b0fe-489d-b115-44a76e050f63&bt=1&pl=1

Just realised you were after something that does bandwidth per process but nvm could still be of use lol!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts