Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 win xp pcs networked in my apartment i am trying to access the pc threw the workgroup thing to go to the shared stuff it asks for a password on both ends and i never set one what is going on?

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Never setone? Well just try clicknig ok? Try using Admin as the pswrdsometimes that works too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR
Never setone? Well just try clicknig ok? Try using Admin as the pswrdsometimes that works too
ya that is what came to my mine first too i did both and it didnt work

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
try uninstalling it and doing it again making a pswrd. If that doesnt work call up some techies on teh ph0nz0r lol

EDIT: Before you reinstall the network stuff try seeingif it will et you change to another pswrd? lolworth a look

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Hmm i hate that i cant seem to think im a coherant manner....what kinda network you have? linksys?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

try uninstalling it and doing it again making a pswrd. If that doesnt work call up some techies on teh ph0nz0r lol

EDIT: Before you reinstall the network stuff try seeingif it will et you change to another pswrd? lolworth a look
i looked at it all cant find the password i just installed this windows xp sys today so there is nothin to uninstall and who should i call yes linksys cable modem and router 4 port BEFSX41

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
is it a legal copy of ms xp?

I would call linksys up and ask them what to do, they have great support. i know i messed around with my router before they helped me get back on track lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

is it a legal copy of ms xp?

sure is legal i will give Linksys a call

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
you have to set a password on both computers for the admin (admin password). Then apply, once you've done that, you can take the password out.

Then when you want to share fiels or search the other comp. Type in the password that you applied and removed from both computers. you dotn need a username right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts