Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm planning to have 5 comps all folding with out monitor so when i use my laptop i can access them and do w/e i want with them over the network just like using my laptop lcd as a monitor for it and yes i have a router and cat cables not cat5 but cat 6 lol

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650
i'm planning to have 5 comps all folding with out monitor so when i use my laptop i can access them and do w/e i want with them over the network just like using my laptop lcd as a monitor for it and yes i have a router and cat cables not cat5 but cat 6 lol
Have you tried using remote desktop? I have never used but I think that is one of the things it could be used for. I would search google on how to configure remote desktop and see what you come up with. I have done something like this using a program like PcAnywhere, it's basicaly the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you want multiple desktops on one monitor you just get a monitor switch. They have them at Best Buy (i work there so i know they have them) you can get them for cheaper off some other web sites.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Industrial
If you want multiple desktops on one monitor you just get a monitor switch. They have them at Best Buy (i work there so i know they have them) you can get them for cheaper off some other web sites.
He doesn't want just multiple desktops on one monitor. He wanted to be able to control 5 computers from one central computer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ahhh. Well then we have ps/2 and USB switches also.

Just playing thats not a very good solution. Remote desktop is best. As for your problem with the cant find terminal. Are you sure you have everything set upi right on the computers the your trying to access?

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Industrial
ahhh. Well then we have ps/2 and USB switches also.

Just playing thats not a very good solution. Remote desktop is best. As for your problem with the cant find terminal. Are you sure you have everything set upi right on the computers the your trying to access?
LMAO

Ya all them switches and cables would be pretty funny, LOL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You could try using the open source app. at the link below. You will need to install this on each box but if you have all machines hooked up it will do a similar job to the remote desktop app.

http://www.tridiavnc.com/

For remote desktop connections you will have to have Terminal Services started on your machine.

Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts