</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div></font><div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<font face="&quot">1.</font><font face="&quot">Suppose you are transmitting a 1524-byte Ethernet frame.</font><br />
<font face="&quot">a)</font><font face="&quot"> (5 points) How long does it take, in milliseconds, to transmit it onto a 10 Mbps Ethernet network? You may assume that no other stations are transmitting, so there is no waiting and no collisions.</font><br />
<font face="&quot">b)</font><font face="&quot">(5 points) How long does it take, in milliseconds, to transmit it onto a 100 Mbps Ethernet network? You may assume that no other stations are transmitting, so there is no waiting and no collisions.</font><br />
<font face="&quot">c)</font><font face="&quot">(5 points) Suppose the sender and receiver are connected using fiber optic cable and the light propagation delay between the two is 0.7 milliseconds. In each of the two cases above, discuss whether the sender and receiver are too far from each other.</font>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Hey all, these are the problems from my networking homework. The way I did number 1 was take 1524bytes / 10,000,000 bits/sec and got .1524 ms<br />
<br />
<br />
I just.. don't understand why we would need to know this unless we're talking about packet collissions, but then we have that collission detection protocol.. so.. yea.<br />
<br />
Thanks if you guys can help, or lead me to an answer.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
i dont know about that - but you have to convert the 1524 bytes into bits to divide<br>
the real answer is 0.0012192sec or 1.2192ms

1 - 2 of 2 Posts