Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my 570 yesterday and after much testing and finding a stable overclock Im noticing my gpu usage is all over the place in games. In 3dmark11 im getting normal results with my config 4700-4800p and 97-100% usage, but in Crysis the chart goes from 70-99% up and down like crazy, BC2 is worse 50-70% and, Black Ops is horrible 25-50% usage. I am using the 266 beta driver, and it seems like my old 295 was much better in black ops. Im sure the card is fine, my old crysis benches @ 1080 very high 4xAA were around 30 fps with the 295 and now im getting 36fps at these settings, but my usage with the 295 was never below 97% . Its this a driver issue ? is this normal for a 570 ? or is it just a fact that my cpu cannot keep up with this card? thanks

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
I wouldn't call it a driver issue, there's certain games, especially older ones that just aren't very efficient at gpu usage. Also, certain parts of certain games will be more demanding than others. For instance in Crysis, when you're inside a building your GPU usage will probably be a lot lower than if you're in the forest and looking over a great expanse. Although, the CPU could also play a role in it as well. However, if you're a 4.55, even being a dual core, that should be plenty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts