Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im afraid I messed up, I now have a DFI ultra infinity mobo and my 2400+ Tbred chip. I wanted to try to overclock this chip and was going to try to unlock it to crank as much juice out of it as i could but after i bought the DFI Infinity board and a stick of OCZ PC3200 memory. I found out that there is just not a lot you can do to unlock this chip (i thought you could do the bridge trick but it seems you can not.)

So I saved some cash and play to buy a Mobile 62w Athlon 64 3400+ cpu and the DFI Lanparty NF3 mobo.

Is my stick of OCZ PC3200 going to be fast enough to get the most out of this system? Beacuse im going to realy kick my self if i have to go buy another new stick of memory ... what a waste of money.

Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It'll work for a medium or mild OC, but you'll find that It'll max out before the chip or mobo does. If you want some serious OC the you will need new RAM, but you will prob also have to upgrade your cooling so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

It'll work for a medium or mild OC, but you'll find that It'll max out before the chip or mobo does. If you want some serious OC the you will need new RAM, but you will prob also have to upgrade your cooling so I wouldn't worry about it.

Great thanks for the info, i guess i can live with that for now. I will probably need to upgrade my PSU before i get realy into it anyway. I guess I will learn this lesson the first time and next time just spend a bit more and get the fastest stuff I can...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yep, thats how it always is, and just when you think you've got the fastest you get beat by something new lol.

• Rep+
Reactions: Snowmirage
1 - 4 of 4 Posts