Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that you need to download a program that will make your gpu fan run 100% for the 8800 gts 320. Can anyone give me a link to download such a program?
P.S. My 8800gts is running HOT! To the touch the thing is burning up, is there any software that can run on vista x64 that will tell me my gpu temps?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i tried riva tuner, and it does not seem to work. it just extracts and does nothing

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i download the file, it asks to be extracted. When i extract it, it just does nothing...any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
open it with winRAR and run the setup.exe file.

once you extract it doesn't bring up any options? also are you extracting it to a certain location?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another quick question. I have done the latest update from nvidia, and my system still says i have dx9 is that normal? Shouldn't i have dx 10?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah. it says dx 10 and my gpu is running at 63-68c in windows vista...not gaming or anything..is that normal?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
First of all how hot is it?
And to the touch ~80 degrees celcius like some cards on load WILL burn you. my card runs 76... if i touched it... i would be blistering lol. Like touching a black lamp.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right now the only thing running worm in my case is that darn gpu lol.. Each core right now is sitting at 30% 24-27c and the gpu is 59-63
I am gonna try and load oblivion and see what the temps are during game play

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Yes Stay under 80c and you will be just fine

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
last question. What is a good tool for reading my system temps. I tried using everest but it is only a trial version for 30 days. I would like something that reads everything like everest does.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Try getting a pc slot exhaust fan and put it under your card, i did this and lowered my temps by 5-7ºc

This is the one i have, i know its mad dog but it moves alot of air,

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mad-D...oductDetail.do

Install ntune and you can use nvmonitor to monitor cpu and gpu temps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts