Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know... I just built this 754 rig, but I'm already planning for the next 4-5 months.

This is the setup I'm thinking of (RAM will be taken out of this rig):

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I think about a new PSU as well? I'm currenly running this.

If so, I'm looking at/around $100 or a little less cost wise.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yea, a new PSU would be necessary. Look into a Tagan or Fortron. Both make very high quality PSU's for under $100

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, a few changes....

edit: I'm getting the 6800GS, I just forgot to fix the wishlist...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
nice, that's the same PSU I use, sleeved cables, extremely solid rails. Great purchase for the money...it is blue though

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a black and blue theme going with my case so it's all good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, I figure if I'm getting everything new I might as well go for RAM too.... LOL!! So some suggestions on $150 or less, looking for a gig.

·
15 Year Club
2,322 Posts
I'm an ATI man so I would go with the 16 pipe X800 GTO by powercolor, $185. Basically an X800XL, it's awesome.

mobo and CPU are great, don't know about the PSU so I can't comment. I can tell you the Rosewill dual 12v rail 450W that I have is doing nicely, and I've always backed up OCZ modstreams.

Do what you want, but that's what you'll get if you go ATi is that X800GTO by powercolor, 16 pipe.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ch0da

looking for a gig.

Single or 2x512?

EDIT: If you are planning on overclocking, then I wouldn't go with that ram.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2x512, for overclocking.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would start with your patriot ram, see how that does with the new board. How high can you run that patriot?
You aren't buying this stuff soon right? I would keep your current setup for at least a couple months..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, this is a little far down the road... like 4-5 months. I was looking at the Crucial Ballistix, got some good reviews. I'm just planning so when the time comes I can just order pretty much.

Right now my timings are at 2.5-3-3-6, running a 133 divider, with 2.7 volts. I can't get past 2.6 without having to clear the BIOS so I'm guessing that's where I stand with the RAM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts