Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put this set up together and this bios totally intimidates me. Im use to the simple phinoex award bios. This has all kinds of crappy presets that look like they are there to either save ones who dont know sht or help them burn out thier hardware.

Anyone experienced with this bios?

Id like to take this chip as high as posibble.

Thanks much

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read the article and made the recommended adjustments and every time i tweak the clock it resets on restart.

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Depending on how high you set the FSB, you might have to give it more voltage. Or lower the FSB to start with. You have to gradually work up to overclocking. Don't start with someone else's finished overclock. They worked up to it so you have to also.
Every CPU is different so just because someone else gets to a certain point is no guarantee you will. It takes time, but it's worth it and you learn a lot.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by x2s3w4
View Post

Depending on how high you set the FSB, you might have to give it more voltage. Or lower the FSB to start with. You have to gradually work up to overclocking. Don't start with someone else's finished overclock. They worked up to it so you have to also.
Every CPU is different so just because someone else gets to a certain point is no guarantee you will. It takes time, but it's worth it and you learn a lot.

thank you

I realize that but when i make any adjustments i get no boot to reset.

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
OK this should be very basic. Raise your FSB to 350 ( stock is 333 isn't it?), set your CPU voltage to 1.3 and set your RAM speed to 2.000 ( which should be the lowest one. That's under memory multiplier) That will set your RAM to 700, I just want to see if it works. Also when overclocking it's best to lower RAM speed to the lowest value until getting a a stable CPU overclock. After it's stable, then work up to your RAM.
Also when overclocking, set your PCIe frequency too 100 or so.
Edit: You can probably leave your BIOS version alone for now. If you have problems, then you might want to update it.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

View Post

OK this should be very basic. Raise your FSB to 350 ( stock is 333 isn't it?), set your CPU voltage to 1.3 and set your RAM speed to 2.000 ( which should be the lowest one. That's under memory multiplier) That will set your RAM to 700, I just want to see if it works. Also when overclocking it's best to lower RAM speed to the lowest value until getting a a stable CPU overclock. After it's stable, then work up to your RAM.
Also when overclocking, set your PCIe frequency too 100 or so.
Edit: You can probably leave your BIOS version alone for now. If you have problems, then you might want to update it.

thanks

cpu is at 378

vcore 1.28

mem 2.00

running small ffts and max temp is 54c on core1 but 49 on all the rest

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
OK, now you should set your RAM voltage to what it's rated for, MCH to about 1.4, CPU PLL to 1.5 and FSB to 1.3. Then start bumping up your FSB a little at a time ( like 5-10 Mhz at a time) until you can't get into Windows and then bump up the voltage a little more. You shouldn't go over 1.36v for your CPU. That should give you a start.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

View Post

OK, now you should set your RAM voltage to what it's rated for, MCH to about 1.4, CPU PLL to 1.5 and FSB to 1.3. Then start bumping up your FSB a little at a time ( like 5-10 Mhz at a time) until you can't get into Windows and then bump up the voltage a little more. You shouldn't go over 1.36v for your CPU. That should give you a start.

ok

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
raised everything you suggested but i kept the vcore at 1.275

still holding at 54c on small ffts

my ram is rated for 1100 but when i raise it to 3.00 it takes it to 1254

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, so heres where I got befroe I started to lose a core and bsod.

cpu fhz 434

ram multi 2.40

vcore 1.2985-1.3
mhc 1.4
pll 1.5

I tried to bump up the ram to .40. its rated for 1.9 so i figured it might help to go 1.94 but that only delayed the bsod for about 5 minutes

I notice that the timings dont change as i raise the speed. the ram is rated for 1100 and its only at 1041. I imagine they start to auto change when i go past 1100 right?

right now they are at 5-5-5-15

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Might want to read this.

Link doesn't work

as for your setting increase your timing on your ram to 6-6-6-18 and tell us what happens also run memtest86+ have a feeling that your ram is doing whaat mine is and has errors in it keeping you from going past a certain point whenever I get to 4.25 on my qx9650 it'll bsod with 3b error code and I think the other error is 1e or e1

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by gashi
View Post

Link doesn't work

as for your setting increase your timing on your ram to 6-6-6-18 and tell us what happens also run memtest86+ have a feeling that your ram is doing whaat mine is and has errors in it keeping you from going past a certain point whenever I get to 4.25 on my qx9650 it'll bsod with 3b error code and I think the other error is 1e or e1

Will windows mem test work as well

1 - 20 of 56 Posts