Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old ain't dead
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to get a friends first pc working and I am also have some troubles haha

PC boots just fine. I am able to go into bios and do whatever I need to do. The problem is when I attempt to install windows from a USB stick it will just go to the windows logo, try and load then it just reboots.

I've tried my USB stick and his Microsoft stick, swapped out GPU's, tried each ram slot in different configurations, unplugged and re set everything as well as tried my own ramsticks. No luck.

Here is the build:

AMD 3100
G Skill ripjaw v 3200 2x8 GB
Thermaltake 700W
RX 580 ( I have a 1070 in for now, seems to boot quicker )
Sandisk 240 GB SSD
2 TB HDD
MSI B550M PRO VDH WIFI

Just look for some tips on what could be wrong. I havnt used AMD in years so maybe I'm missing something. Thanks!

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,571 Posts
Have you updated the motherboard's BIOS to the latest version?

A friend of mine had a similar issue with an ASUS X570 motherboard. He ended up installing Windows 8.1 and upgrading to Windows 10 afterwards. Might work for you as well as a last resort. Orrr maybe install Windows 10 on a different machine and just move the SSD back.

·
Old ain't dead
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you updated the motherboard's BIOS to the latest version?

A friend of mine had a similar issue with an ASUS X570 motherboard. He ended up installing Windows 8.1 and upgrading to Windows 10 afterwards. Might work for you as well as a last resort. Orrr maybe install Windows 10 on a different machine and just move the SSD back.
Dude ill try this right now. Thanks!

·
Old ain't dead
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Installed windows on the SSD through my PC and reinstalled it. Its basically doing the same thing. Goes to windows logo and just restarts lol. It has the newest bios also

·
Registered
42 Posts
Elimination...

Set BIOS to defaults , no overclocking. Try start up
Try booting with 1 memory module, check manual if you're using the right slots, also check memory compatibility with mobo.
Check all electrical plugs with mobo and graphics card, remove other connected devices...

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
5,971 Posts
What revision of windows 10 are you using?

·
Riding on the edge
3,245 Posts
Installed windows on the SSD through my PC and reinstalled it. Its basically doing the same thing. Goes to windows logo and just restarts lol. It has the newest bios also

If it's any help I've read in the Asus threads where some Bios versions have a borked/changed default setting in Bios when it comes to CSM causing a no boot issue when disabled I think it was. Fix was to use opposite of current settings (to test) and if this is the issue than revert to a different Bios version. Iirc cause may be HW dependent, something you might want to check it out.

·
Rig Advisor
2,010 Posts
Set BIOS to Other OS, not EUFI, clear keys. Make sure SSD is configured correctly and visible in BIOS. Change boot order (Priority) to usb stick

·
OG AMD
8,804 Posts
Try using a native USB port on the back. Makes sure you give it plenty of time as sometimes it blank screens but is actually doing something.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Run memory at default. I've had issues getting RAM to run at XMP

·
Bench, Dead, Squat
421 Posts
Have you unplugged all drives and attempted to boot the Windows install with just the USB stick? Also, sometimes I have troubles in the past with front panel USB ports and the Windows install, if possible plug the usb stick in the mobo ports.

And yeah, if everything is set to stock and your USB stick isn't corrupted, it should just work. Next steps would be the nasty, test with known good hardware fun... and that's assuming you have spare parts kicking around for that.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
usb 3 drivers need to be added to the install i would think.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts